Syfy has less censorship than Gateworld

Spaceman XIII
There are less censorship on Syfy than Gateworld:

http://scifiwire.com/2009/12/syfy-renews-stargate-univ.php

By shimrod at 12:59 AM ON 12/14/09 wrote
Too late sy(ph)ylis channel - lost me at episode 3 of SGU. wont be coming back either.
Sanctuary is still intriguing though they killed off the first hot chick and replaced her with deceitful hot chick.

By Big Brother at 1:15 AM ON 12/25/09 wrote
The show frankly sucks, the cast sucks, the stories sucks and the only thing that doesn't suck is the ship and we don't get to see much of it lol. So I am kind of surprised it got renewed. Anyhoo....if the show remains on it current trajectory)pun intended) than I am not seeing any more renewals.

By Facepalm at 2:29 AM ON 12/14/09 wrote
Why stop at breaking the communication stones? Why not kill the entire crew and have Earth send a new one that does not bitch and moan the entire time.

I am sick of this SciWhine genre Syfy created.

Re: Syfy has less censorship than Gateworld

Re: Syfy has less censorship than Gateworld

Spaceman XIII
Overmind One wrote
I agree, but over there they have a different tactic. They wait until all the posts go decidedly negative, then they lock the thread and it goes into the archives or you cant respond to it. Over there, I am Pygmalion2008. The only Mods nice to me over there are Squall and Skiffy Girl. The others constantly tell me to tone it down. LOL. But you are right, SyFy is less moderated. You should see the forums for SGU over at tv.com and those are not moderated unless you dont register. I have several posts uncer OvermindOne over there.
Yeah the Syfy forum tends to shove negative threads under the carpet instead of removing them, which is already better than how Gateworld handles their forum.

And when you look at Syfy's articles/comment section, it also has less censorship than Gateworld's articles.

More noticeable comments:

By DrBellamy at 2:39 AM ON 01/05/10

SGU is awful.
Who cares about this crap.
I bought the SG1 series Full set DVDs.
Simply because those guys are very good actors.
The set of SGU is full of wanna-bes. Nothing more. BSG #2 Crap home video camera control. No plot, too much emphasis on fake sex, useless dialog. The only real actor on the set is the nutty scientist.

By aaroNiGHTS at 5:15 AM ON 12/14/09

Oh please PLEASE tell the Stargate Universe team to kill off the always having PMS lesbian, throw the dam communication stones out the airlock and tell everyone to stop behaving like petty little children!

By Kermonk at 12:47 AM ON 12/14/09

Oh no - not more of that terrible superficial, hackney soap opera.

By scifi-ED at 5:12 AM ON 12/14/09

Well what else were they gonna do? They don't have anything else. And they can't imagine great enough to create a new series.

That being said, I'm glad to see Sanctuary renwed, and I'm mixed on SGU.

Justice got bad ratings. A mid season finalie gets the show's worst ratings and you give it another season?

This is them telling the fans, that the new stargate is here to stay, so shut your mouth and get on board.

By Kzintz at 4:27 AM ON 12/20/09

As a hardcore sci-fi fan who watches any scifi no matter how bad I can't believe HOW bad SGU is - staggeringly boring bickering knockoff of BSG without the hot Cylons.. I really hope they pull this out of the fire but so far it's just tediuos and plain annoying -enough already - get air/water/food and forget the boring earth trips - stop arguing over every sentence and do something interesting..

Meanwhile Sanctuary is fast - chipper and fun Rock on Amanda!

By Sanctuary Hater at 12:58 PM ON 12/14/09

I hope SGU's numbers dip below 1 million, and the new Comcast deal goes through in the next year and the first thing they do is cancel this terrible series and put the franchise to sleep for the next 25 years.

Come on Comcast, do the right thing.

By Lazarus at 5:17 PM ON 12/20/09

For the love of God,

LOSE THE FFING STONES...THEY SUCK AND FORCE A "EARTH" EPISODE EVERY OTHER WEEK!!! THEY ARE IN ANOTHER GALAXY YET I KEEP SEEING EARTH DRECK!!! EPIC FAIL ON THE STONES AS THE MCGUFFIN FOR LAMENESS. WHATS NEXT GHOSTHUNTERS CROSSOVER...

I miss Jack, I miss McKay, I miss the Gate...
And for the love of God... SyFy...LAME SciFi...use to mean something. Send the plumbers home and start catering to nerds again, you know, the people who actually enjoy the Science Fiction genre..

By ZeRo at 3:25 PM ON 02/17/10

I'ts funny to se that imdb.com, gives Stargate: Infinity more stars than univers.
For all of you univers fans, Stargate: Infinity was a cartoon af the serie that only had one season to run, and this was allso a "new" ideer the writers had.

By Zsjaer at 10:36 AM ON 01/30/10

I can t even remember all the main charcaters of this show. I never saw such a bad script without any credibility like in SGU! a complete failure. Hope they can fix it in S2 but i m very dobtful about that. I can t even understand how a show like this got renewed

By Uru at 3:25 AM ON 01/30/10

The big and very disapointing problem of SGU aren't the big diferences with sg-1/A , ok let's say it's a diferent proyect... ITS problem is the LACK of science fiction, the plot is developed on a ship ok and they use comunication stones ok and.. thats it there is not much science on that , it's the same to be on a boat and use cell phones when they catch signals, there is no science fiction developing on it no, ideas no scientists... nothing related with it just the floor and walls...i've heard sci fi series are not cheap to make, (so let's put it into a small box), but please not use the Stargate name on a soap opera

By discodamon at 10:31 AM ON 12/20/09

PLEASE lose the stones. If the writers want to commit to building a real space drama they need to stop using them. It's an obvious crutch to these lazy writers.

Re: Syfy has less censorship than Gateworld

SGA4ever
Secret is that the SyFy mods don't care for SGU that much and they allow more open opinions and are not biased like the GW mods. I can understand why they remove posts for people being attacked. GW is just a joke, they remove posts and say it is off topic......BS!

Re: Syfy has less censorship than Gateworld

Myself I wonder if any of these people were expecting the backlash against this show. I bet they're keeping their mouth shut in fear of getting more negative attention. You have to admit the comments at IMDB and Amazon aren't too encouraging. Would you sink money into this pile of stink called a TV show?

Re: Syfy has less censorship than Gateworld

SGA4ever
I just love the people on GW thinking the show is doing amazing and there are no issues.