Taking out the garbage

Re: Taking out the garbage

Rac80
Good, since the purpose of the site has changed, the new rules need to be laid out clearly IMHO.

Re: Taking out the garbage

Like I said before, they will be

Re: Taking out the garbage

Rac80
Good, trying to stay on the right side of the new rules here.

Re: Taking out the garbage

Anderson
Q1. What few hours are you talking about?

Q2. Will we see the legendary Asgard avatar again?

Re: Taking out the garbage

Canceltheturkey
Mr. Anderson wrote
Q1. What few hours are you talking about?

Q2. Will we see the legendary Asgard avatar again?
1. The last few hours of SGUºS vBulletin when most of us in EST had signed off. That's apparently when the muckraking was going on but the next morning there was no forum left to see what went on. There were a lot of hysterics at GF about it.

2. Perhaps when this site is properly restored here and I no longer the have need to use my war-face any longer. Some day I may even unleash the dancing penguins again.

Re: Taking out the garbage

Robbie_Rocket_Pants
Fair one, especially seeing as booze is an external, artificial & purely voluntary factor & PMT (Pre-Menstrual Tension in the UK) is purely physiological & involuntary.

But although booze is entirely voluntary, it endures (unlike PMT which diminishes over time) so PMT cannot be used as an excuse, or indeed, a reason for ever - at some point, something's got to give.
Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall............... Mr Mallozzi.

Re: Taking out the garbage

Willl
Robbie_Rocket_Pants wrote
Fair one, especially seeing as booze is an external, artificial & purely voluntary factor & PMT (Pre-Menstrual Tension in the UK) is purely physiological & involuntary.

But although booze is entirely voluntary, it endures (unlike PMT which diminishes over time) so PMT cannot be used as an excuse, or indeed, a reason for ever - at some point, something's got to give.
Women have a universal get-out with this one. The P either stands for "pre" or "post" depending on the time of the month at which the excuse is needed. If it's neither pre or post, then it's not "PMT", it's "that time of the month".

Re: Taking out the garbage

Robbie_Rocket_Pants wrote
Fair one, especially seeing as booze is an external, artificial & purely voluntary factor & PMT (Pre-Menstrual Tension in the UK) is purely physiological & involuntary.

But although booze is entirely voluntary, it endures (unlike PMT which diminishes over time) so PMT cannot be used as an excuse, or indeed, a reason for ever - at some point, something's got to give.
oh sweetheart I am not talking simple PMT, I am talking MENOPAUSE!! ask your mum...the situation that lasts about 7 years which can cause hot flashes and mood swings anytime of the month or day or night!, lasting indefinitely!  Beleive me PMT is a walk in the park compared to MENOPAUSE!!!! that is a nightmare!

@Will - see above on MENOPAUSE!!! not fun worse than you can imagine! Just wait....someday your wife will just smack you uipside the head for now reason and then start crying....

oh BTW...how's the toe?

Re: Taking out the garbage

Anderson
CTT,
Actually nothing that hasn't been repeated here many times. Some people were angry and frustrated, accusations were thrown around, some people were positive and trying to help, but nothing concrete came of it until midnight. You didn't miss much.

Re: Taking out the garbage

Robbie_Rocket_Pants
Rac, sweet avatar, me likey :D

Regards the whole menopause thing, I understand that.  However, it is enduring from second to second, hour to hour & day to day etc, so surely it is something which, with effort, can & will be overcome with time (even within that 7 year period you mentioned).

Alcoholism however, is not a natural occurence but rather, an addiction & an affliction so, although presumed entirely within the control of the sufferer, regardless of it's voluntary nature, is infact not quite as easy to chin-off as other, more internal, behavioural factors such as puberty, PMT or the menopause.
Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall............... Mr Mallozzi.

Re: Taking out the garbage

If you suffer from the menopause you should get on HRT. Not only will it calm you down and make you more reasonable it will increase your sex drive and enlarge your breasts. Win win situation

Re: Taking out the garbage

STCLARE
Well my hubby thinks thats win, win  I however just thought "damn ill have to buy new bras"

Re: Taking out the garbage

US06154
umm, how did this thread get de-railed to talking about enlarging breasts, PMS/PMT/HRT/PIG/Menopause and a host of other acronyms, then to buying new bras and and other assorted undies?

Re: Taking out the garbage

Rac80 wrote
Good, since the purpose of the site has changed, the new rules need to be laid out clearly IMHO.
I don't think we can put every conceivable scenario in the guidelines. It is like saying to your HR Rep "Show me where it says, one shall not urinate or defaecate on the front steps of your workplace, in the employee handbook". Some things are just plain common sense. A mod would gently guide a member to refrain from doing a certain thing. If more an more people are doing the same infarction, then it would be added to the guidelines. Every one-off situation cannot be included, because people who wants to break certain rules, will always find a way. People shouldn't come here, just to see if they could try to push the envelope.

Re: Taking out the garbage

US06154 wrote
umm, how did this thread get de-railed to talking about enlarging breasts, PMS/PMT/HRT/PIG/Menopause and a host of other acronyms, then to buying new bras and and other assorted undies?
They're complaining about the same thing at GateLove. Lots of forums have terrible post topic discipline.

With a new TOS wouldn't we need to re-rigester?

That would mean I'd have to become The Turkey's Cancalled or something.

Re: Taking out the garbage

STCLARE
Luck pure and simple luck
12