Tanith, a long time whitewasher of SGU, got pwned @ gateworld.net

SGU Sucks
Tanith, a long time whitewasher of SGU, got pwned @ gateworld.net

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2009/12/justice-ratings-a-series-low-for-sgu/?cp=4#comments

=========================
Tanith | December 12 @ 8:39 pm

SGU is 6th in the list of shows getting the biggest percentage increase in viewership from DVR viewing for the year with a 46.9% increase in viewership. BSG is 1st with 59.4%.

=========================
Uncle Al | December 12 @ 10:07 pm

I don’t think that a 46.9% increase in DVR viewership is something for Universe to be proud about. With all of the budget and hype why wont people watch it live?

We DVR recorded 8/10 episodes and skipped thru all the rubbish (did not watch/record the other 2). I would guess that many who DVR Universe do it for the same reason.

=========================
Tanith | December 12 @ 10:36 pm

“With all of the budget and hype why wont people watch it live?”

Cause its common for people to go out on a Friday night.

=========================
Uncle Al | December 12 @ 11:45 pm

“Cause its common for people to go out on a Friday night.”

They stayed in for Monk.

People did not go out on Friday nights when SG1 and Atlantis aired? There has to be more to it than that.

=========================
US06154 | December 13 @ 6:45 am

@Uncle Al, Nice comeback, FTW!!. But any sane argument is going to fall on a deaf ear. It’s like a bulldog guarding a junkyard.. “it’s my ultimate responsibility to guard this yard. It’s full of Junk you say? who cares? I’ll still guard it with my life!”

=========================
Tanith | December 13 @ 12:37 pm

“People did not go out on Friday nights when SG1 and Atlantis aired?”

Exactly, SGU may appeal more to those who realise that real life is more important than a TV show.

=========================
blackhawlk | December 13 @ 1:49 pm

"SGU may appeal more to those who realise that real life is more important than a TV show."

Really. So anyone who actually stays in to watch SGU has no life, what a ridiculous statement.

Many people stay in to watch their favourite show as we saw from Monk, so if SGU was as popular and loved as you think it it then I’m sure more would be watching it live.

Sure I will ocassionally DVR a programme I like if I have something important I want to go to, but overall I tend to watch live and only DVR things I may watch if I’ve nothing better to do. I agree with posters who feel SGU is not remotely Stargate. That is not an attack to those who enjoy this new kind of show but when you take ALL the ingredients out of an apple pie then it’s no longer an apple pie.

SGU is just too removed from the previous shows to keep the existing audience and it seems that this new version of Stargate is appealing to a different audience and maybe a different demographic. I don’t dislike SGU because its different, as I do enjoy drama and character based shows, I dislike it because it’s just bad IMO. Its boring, plodding and there isnt really anything that I find interesting about any of the characters. It has none of the qualities that kept me a fan of the franchise for so long.

=========================
mattcci | December 13 @ 3:55 pm

“Exactly, SGU may appeal more to those who realise that real life is more important than a TV show.”

Those of us who don’t care for Universe are used to being insulted. For some reason Universe supporters, from Mallozzi on down, think that jabs, insults and arguments are going to make us like this Stargate/Gossip Girl hybrid. But Tanith, congratulations, you have managed to take it to a whole new level.

=========================

Re: Tanith, a long time whitewasher of SGU, got pwned @ gateworld.net

Tanith
Glad im so popular on here xD

You missed out some comments after that btw.

Re: Tanith, a long time whitewasher of SGU, got pwned @ gateworld.net

SGU Sucks
They are just weak short and pointless come backs.

You're still pwned.

Re: Tanith, a long time whitewasher of SGU, got pwned @ gateworld.net

Tanith
Was meant to come across as an insult since I was pissed at certain naysayers at the time. A fair number do need a reality check mind you to realise that a TV show is not a major life issue.

I actually quite like 'mattcci', one of the naysayers who I respect the opinion off. But such individuals points are ruined by those who just go on and bash SGU like there's no tomorrow thinking thats going to get the attention of TPTB. If they did respond (I still believe that trying to get the attention of TPTB on the comments of Gatewold articles to be somewhat stupid tbh) they would only listen to the opinions of those who are rational and are not insulting.

Re: Tanith, a long time whitewasher of SGU, got pwned @ gateworld.net

classicgatefan

Re: Tanith, a long time whitewasher of SGU, got pwned @ gateworld.net

Will
Hi Tanith. As you keep mentioning the need for rational argument I'd like to invite you to visit this thread:

http://n2.nabble.com/Why-I-like-SGU-td4172863.html#a4172863

and add your comments.

This thread was started by a Gateworld poster who apparently enjoys SGU and came here after discovering this forum and having a joke about it on Gateworld. I tried to actually explain my own position on SGU and spark some intelligent debate about it but the original poster seemed unwilling and merely responded with insults.

As yet nobody who's come to this forum to "defend" SGU has made any sort of rational contribution to the debate but as you seem keen to engage in sensible discussion with "naysayers" (as you put it) I thought you might be interested in replying to the issues about SGU I raise in my post in that thread.

Re: Tanith, a long time whitewasher of SGU, got pwned @ gateworld.net

Tanith
This post was updated on .
I would but past experience has kinda left me going "what's the point", even the name of this site and what it hopes to achieve puts me off the idea that I would get mature conversation without either the points I make or myself being insulted (As proved by the other topics I recently replied to & the posts made after this one). Nothing I say will change the minds of the vast majority of people on here.

On Gateworld all I hope to achieve is for those who dislike SGU to a severe degree and have made up there minds to come to places such as this to vent there 'anger' instead of pissing off SGU fans on there.

Re: Tanith, a long time whitewasher of SGU, got pwned @ gateworld.net

stonelesscutter
Hehhehehehheheheheh now that would be SGU's undoing. No more advertisers. Not that I ever saw any since the nice people that provide the series for download are sure to cut those out.

@Tanith
It's funny how you talk about people not watching SGU because they're going out on friday nights. What time does SGU air again? Oh right, 9 o'clock or something. I can see how that would be a problem for all the kiddies that wanna see the show. Half of them probably have to be in bed by then and the other half do go out but have to be back by 11. :P
Then ofcourse there's the mature people that watch SGU and then go out to find a good time after they've been disappointed by the show or the people that go out first and then watch SGU after they come back or on a whole other day because they don't want their evening to be ruined by SGU.

Re: Tanith, a long time whitewasher of SGU, got pwned @ gateworld.net

Re: Tanith, a long time whitewasher of SGU, got pwned @ gateworld.net

Re: Tanith, a long time whitewasher of SGU, got pwned @ gateworld.net

Canceltheturkey
KOBE SBM wrote
The mission of these pro-SGU trolls is to just express satisfaction for the show, praise its concept but thats pretty much it.
Unfortunately I think that's all we're going to get out of Gateworld now. I have great respect for them putting together such a great site and producing the podcasts but now that they have to salivate over every post Mallozzi makes saying "It's going to be better, just keep watching" I can't see them becoming anything other than a promo site for TPTB.

The podcasts have sunk to the level of a bunch of teenage girls squealing about some 90210 style gossip and I can't see them filling up 4 months of downtime saying why the show sucks. When will I be told that this is, "The thinking man's Gilligan's Island'? LOL

Took my motion sickness pills and watched 3 minutes of Justice yesterday. The end with the lame pathos 2 finger piano music. So Rush is going to be stuck there without razor blades or conditioner? Now that's going to get ugly. Think he'll eat something alien and end up looking like Neelix?

BTW I see the MGM/SyFy employees went back to work today.