The Continued Negativity

Binar
I am just wondering now: why are you continuing the all out negativity towards SGU?

If you just don't like it then why not just write a review, offer suggestions of improvements in a way that isn't insulting etc but I don't get having a prolonged campaign to get a show cancelled. I hold the opinion that if you completely don't like something that you just walk away or say your piece once and then walk away. The continued negativity will only hurt the future of the franchise and annoy the hell out of the fans. SGU does have fans and your attitude sounds like if you can't have your Stargate then they can't have theirs either.

If your annoyed about Atlantis being cancelled then you really need to move on at some point. Everyone fully expected Atlantis to get at least 1 more year but that didn't happen and nothing is going to change that fact.

About the lack of information about the SG1 & Atlantis movies have you taken into consideration the severe financial troubles (4 billion in debt I believe) MGM is currently in? I even heard that SyFy are paying for the bulk of SGU's 2nd season because MGM is unable to. They simply do not have the cash to pay for the movies at this moment in time and we would need to wait until MGM is bought for more information.

In simple terms: hate isn't good for you.

Re: The Continued Negativity

YAWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just how fucking thick are you ?
If you don't like what goes on here just walk away.
We are not going anywhere anytime soon so get used to the fact that this site is here for the loooooooong hauuuuuuuul.
I for one hope that MGM and SciFi both go bust as they deserve it.
You have said your piece once now fuck off - your opinion after all so follow it.
BTW hate is good for the soul as bottling it up inside is really bad for you.

Re: The Continued Negativity

stonelesscutter
Dear Binar.
You are mistaking disliking the show and being verbal about it with being on a campaign to get it cancelled.
Sure there are those here who would prefer to see the show cancelled completely but this is not the case for all of us here.
We do all have something in common here however which is that we are extremely disappointed with the way things have been going regarding Stargate.
Many of us have voiced our reasons for not liking the show on one or more occasions in the past in an eloquent and straightforward manner and continue to do so.
We believe the future of the franchise has already been hurt to such an extent that we expect Stargate to die a rather ugly and painfull death.
This is not because of us but because of the direction that has been taken by the creators and the disrespectful attitude with which they have treated loyal fans of the previous Stargate shows.
Even though we might seem like a relatively small group of people here on this website, we know that the vast majority of Stargate fans agrees with our statements.
Lately there has been a lot of censoring going on at gateworld but not so long ago there was an incredible amount of people commenting there on SGU and most of them where stating the same case.
I estimate from all the comments I have read that from the entire Stargate fanbase somewhere between 1 in 20 to 1 in 100 people likes SGU.
Regardless of how many people like SGU or dislike it, we are all entitled to our opinions and so are we entitled to speak or write about them.
Even if it means that some people are trying to kill-off SGU.
We are all fully aware that the creators of the show do not and will not ever give a crap about our opinions, that they have made perfectly clear a long time ago.
I believe that the show will eventually die from lack of interest by the fans, even though I hope that Stargate will always go on.
For this reason I am upset and am figuratively mourning the loss of two shows I liked very much.
I think many Stargate fans feel the same way.
There is nothing wrong with you liking the show.
I'd say "Good for you.".
Enjoy it as much as you can.
Likewise we will also try to enjoy the parts we like as much as we can and to make up for the parts we don't like we will try to enjoy talking about not liking those.
Sincerely,
Stonelesscutter

Re: The Continued Negativity

Insomnium
Binar wrote
If you just don't like it then why not just write a review, offer suggestions of improvements in a way that isn't insulting etc
Because when a review even slightly critical of SGU gets posted, personal attacks and straw-men usually follow?

Re: The Continued Negativity

piginpoop wrote
You have said your piece once now fuck off - your opinion after all so follow it.
Well put, now Stoneless won't have to woop him with his rubber paddle.

Nothing will redeem SGU. It's just s steaming pile of the mistakes that the studio dopes bought into. When the numbers crash in a few weeks they'll be helpless to fix anything outside of more and more promo clips of the 8 seconds of the show that may seem interesting.

Re: The Continued Negativity

Binar
Just out of the curiosity do you see SGU and the fans of SGU as one and the same?

Some of you have tried to invite those who like SGU to come here to discuss why they like it. But at the same time you bash anyone who likes it and you wonder why there annoyed at your viewpoint. From my observations you don't see it as a discussion anymore and think of it more as a war.

Re: The Continued Negativity

Re: The Continued Negativity

stonelesscutter
I completely agree with Binar on this point.
We do invite people to share their opinions wether they are pro or anti sgu.
Let's please not just bash on everybody who likes sgu because they like sgu.
Binar seems to me to be using words well and he is entitled to his opinion.
Now a character like Sgasucks on the other hand is obviously not a very capable person that just wants to fling poo at whatever is in front of him.
Let's not put Binar in the same categorie as sgasucks unless he starts acting stupid like the latter okay?

Re: The Continued Negativity

Re: The Continued Negativity

Re: The Continued Negativity

Re: The Continued Negativity

stonelesscutter
Didn't we promise to offer a forum that would not be censored??
What is the point in yelling and scowling at everyone that comes here that doesn't dislike sgu?
The way I see it, the more traffic we get the better.
And people that like sgu also generate traffic.
If you scare them all away after they just opened their mouth here for the first time they won't bring their friends.
On gateworld the discussion between sgu likers and dislikers has been pretty much grinded to a halt due to all the censoring.
I wouldn't want the same thing to happen here.
After all it get's a lil' tiresome after a while if we're just sitting amongst our selves telling eachother we hate sgu.
The fire slowly dies so to speak.
We need to have people like Binar here to fuel the fire every once in a while.
If we want to be taken as a serious force than we should act like one and be open to people with differing views instead of acting like children.
We know that there are more of us than there are people that like sgu so we don't have to be afraid of being overrun do we?
I hope we will rival or even surpass gateworld someday in terms of numbers of visitors and we can only do that if we are more than just a bunch of people that fling poo.
Ofcourse sometimes it is very enjoyable, but it should be reserved only for cases where it's absolutely necessary.
The show may deserve to be poo'd, the characters may deserve it, the creators may deserve it and even the actors may deserve it, but visitors to our site don't deserve it unless they start flinging it themselves.

Re: The Continued Negativity

Re: The Continued Negativity

stonelesscutter
Overmind One wrote
Binar is suggesting that we tone it down and bite our tongues and "give SGU a chance"...
Now where do you see Binar saying these things?
I don't read it.
I see him state some opinions and ask a question here and there but all in a non-violent non-persistant manner.

Re: The Continued Negativity

Re: The Continued Negativity

SexyDexy
Binar wrote
I am just wondering now: why are you continuing the all out negativity towards SGU?
My answer to that question is simple - because the show continues to all out suck ass. And tptb continue to be all out ass holes. And because it's a free country/internet and we can do what we want

Binar wrote
In simple terms: hate isn't good for you.
Nice. You should make that deep insight into a bumper sticker. It might come across as hypocritical next to your SGU bumper sticker, though, since SGU is a show filled with hateful characters who fight all the time.

Re: The Continued Negativity

Binar
Wow seriously Overmind One do you have some anger management issues? I can see where the term 'hater' comes from now.

So judging by the responses there are 2 different agendas people have on here:
1. Get TPTB to make changes/improvements
2. Get SGU cancelled.

I'm all for making improvements but fighting to get a television program cancelled I just find a little bit sad personally.

Re: The Continued Negativity

Rac80
then get over it!  I find someone who takes another's likes or dislikes of a show personally rather pathetic. I am mature enough and secure in my own choices enough that I really could care less if someone else approves of my likes and dislikes!  I would rather see stargate end now than see years of SGU drag it out... the horse has broken both its legs...shoot it!   I don't want to see it sink further and further in the muck and mire.

Re: The Continued Negativity

Binar
I normally wouldn't care either but going out 'attacking' fan sites & forums, advertising this site etc your obviously trying to draw attention to yourselves which has became a bit of an annoyance to fans.

Re: The Continued Negativity

Rac80
speak for yourself... admit it ...it became annoying to you!! you can actually only speak for yourself you know! ;)
12345