This just in: 1/4th of fans wont watch SGU

This just in: 1/4th of fans wont watch SGU

Gateworld poll analysis: 50% will not have impact on Nielsen ratings, 25% of those wont watch at all.

Sample of over 3,5k provides a valid trend.

Re: This just in: 1/4th of fans wont watch SGU

Canceltheturkey
Yeah, I mentioned it in a post. What's really pathetic is that's from a SGU Fansite!   LOL  LOL

Re: This just in: 1/4th of fans wont watch SGU

Binar
Thought Gateworld was a general Stargate fansite and not just an SGU fansite.

Can flip what you said around aswell. This is a site dedicated to those who hate SGU but in the poll on the homepage you haven't managed to get 50% for No.

Re: This just in: 1/4th of fans wont watch SGU

Mitchelluva
Granted its a stargate overall site but just think about...25% of the fan base that watched SG1 and SGA will not be watching SGU. That is a big dent. But you can also argue while, these are the fan fans, what about those that just watch but aren't a big fan, well you can also put it this way 25% of the fan base that watched SG1 and SGA will not be  buying the DVDS, items, going to conventions etc. Not to mention when I went to the last convention...people were booing SGU.

Re: This just in: 1/4th of fans wont watch SGU

Mitchelluva
-Tanith, the amount of new SGU fans is a drop compared to the flood of dissatisfied SG1 and SGA fans.

Re: This just in: 1/4th of fans wont watch SGU

Binar wrote
Thought Gateworld was a general Stargate fansite and not just an SGU fansite.

Can flip what you said around aswell. This is a site dedicated to those who hate SGU but in the poll on the homepage you haven't managed to get 50% for No.

Hello,

thanks for pointing that out as it might lead to confusion. I was confused once, it lead to really bad arguments that supported my opponents case. So for the benefit for all the mentally challenged people i will elaborate about this poll on the frontpage.

GW is a general SG fansite, they get visits from SGU, SGA and SG1 fans, which makes their sample representative.

SGUSUCKS.com attracts 2 kinds of people, rabid haters and rabid fanboys, making the poll representative only for those groups.

As you can see, i can interpret the poll-results positively by stating that our site is very well balanced in both rabid haters and rabid fanboys.

SGUSUCKS.com does not represent the community at large, GW does, therefore its numbers by given big sample sizes are representative.

Also you might notice we have a 3 times smaller sample size than GW and the poll was open from the sites inception, somewhere around November 2009, making the polls incomparable to eachother.

I hope this cleared up the confusion about the frontpage poll, as it would be silly to suggest that SGUSUCKS.com represented anything but the most extreme sides in the argument.

I read on the internet that silliness can lead to diminished brain capacity, so we of course dont want to be silly on these here forums.

Anyways thanks for pointing out to us that the poll actually works in our favor, we appreciate it.

Cheers

Re: This just in: 1/4th of fans wont watch SGU

SexyDexy
Do either of these polls let you vote more than once from the same IP? I tried voting twice on GW to test it, and it doesn't seem to be letting me. So that adds to the legitimacy of the polls, if certain individuals can't be skewing either of the results by voting multiple times.

It is a pretty strong statement that 25% of poll respondents at GW say they aren't going to watch. At a fan site for the franchise, that is a terrible number.

Re: This just in: 1/4th of fans wont watch SGU

Insomnium
Yeah, as I've said many times:

I won't watch because:

1. The trendy "Free-Cam" style gives me and my sister both headaches.

2. After Malozzi and Wrights Uwe-Boll-esque tirades, they've still got a long way to go to earn back any trust or respect I had for them.

Re: This just in: 1/4th of fans wont watch SGU

But in any case 99% or more of TVs in the world will not be watching SGU.  Although Mallozzi's household may skew the numbers.

Re: This just in: 1/4th of fans wont watch SGU

Insomnium wrote
Yeah, as I've said many times:

I won't watch because:

1. The trendy "Free-Cam" style gives me and my sister both headaches.

2. After Malozzi and Wrights Uwe-Boll-esque tirades, they've still got a long way to go to earn back any trust or respect I had for them.
Same here. I don't care what they do or don't do, I can only take about thirty seconds of that monkey-cam (insert rude adjective) before it bothers me.

Re: This just in: 1/4th of fans wont watch SGU

Mitchelluva wrote
Not to mention when I went to the last convention...people were booing SGU.
I am curious, was that after SGU started or before? And were actors or some other people from SGU there who could hear the boos? I like to know their reactions if they were there.

it was in November and the actors from SG1 and SGA were talking about the show and what they think about it. Fans were saying how they out right hated the show and that's its too dark and too much drama. It was actually Ben Browder whose was talking about it and he said, its a different cup of tea some like it, some won't. But fans just shook their heads no. Martin Gero also talked about it telling fans to give it a chance. They were going to show that fridays episode, Earth (well hated among SG fans) but they delayed it or canceled idk, I had to leave so I wasn't their if they showed it. They said "It didn't arrive from the studio yet" That saved them a lot of fans booing at the show.

Re: This just in: 1/4th of fans wont watch SGU

Re: This just in: 1/4th of fans wont watch SGU

Re: This just in: 1/4th of fans wont watch SGU

Blurb
Overmind One wrote
THAT was the episode which turned my general annoyance with SGU into genuine HATE for the show. In particular, the scene where Chloe and Eli were in a nightclub having drinks (in somebody elses body, of course), and then Chloe goes up to her best friend who does not know its Chloe (because of the stones), and gets into a catfight with her over an old boyfriend....but we already know she is banging Scott? Then the ultimate wimpiness and spineless worship of Chloe by Eli was sickening.

What put it over the top was realizing that I was feeling this while watching Stargate?
I am sooooo with you on that. Hypocrisy down to an artform, that's Chloe for you. Plus Eli being so pussywhipped that he didn't even point the pure ridiculousness out to "poor Chloe". Vomit inducing to the max.

Why do all those Destiny fuckups need someone pining away at home for them anyways (cf. Young)?

Re: This just in: 1/4th of fans wont watch SGU

Mitchelluva wrote
it was in November and the actors from SG1 and SGA were talking about the show and what they think about it. Fans were saying how they out right hated the show and that's its too dark and too much drama. It was actually Ben Browder whose was talking about it and he said, its a different cup of tea some like it, some won't. But fans just shook their heads no. Martin Gero also talked about it telling fans to give it a chance. They were going to show that fridays episode, Earth (well hated among SG fans) but they delayed it or canceled idk, I had to leave so I wasn't their if they showed it. They said "It didn't arrive from the studio yet" That saved them a lot of fans booing at the show.
That would be a great one for youtube. Too bad fans won't pay to go to a conference solely to boo the SGU producers.

For me, Earth was it - the bar scene. That's the point where I came to the realization: "This ain't never gonna get any better!" That's when I shut it off for good. And the rest is history.

You guys should consider yourselves lucky, though. At Least you don't have to live with a roommate who actually likes this dreck....

Dude...you have no idea!

Re: This just in: 1/4th of fans wont watch SGU

Insomnium wrote
You guys should consider yourselves lucky, though. At Least you don't have to live with a roommate who actually likes this dreck....
Hahahah The what should we do with Rossarian? (Catch 22) scene.