UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!!!!!

Re: UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!!!!!

Victor2407

Re: UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!!!!!

Victor2407 wrote
Any estimates on when the new forums will be up and running again?
he has a backup but idk when he will be able to get it all back up and running. He has some paying customers that he has to get up and running first. Since he actually makes a living off of them I understand him getting those up first. Just be patient everything will be back up soon enough.

Re: UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!!!!!

Victor2407

Re: UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!!!!!

A Nonny Mouse
That's terrible!  I hope Overmind is OK.  As others have said, stuff can be replaced but a life cannot.

Hugs & best wishes to Overmind.

Edit - But Victor - what is Overmind supposed to load his backup onto if he has had all his computers stolen?    He's have to wait for the insurance to pay up, then go & buy himself some new gear.  God only knows what was stolen - he might be having to start right again from scratch with everything.

Re: UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!!!!!

Hey Victor,

That's a tad unfair. You can ask the question about estimates on when the new forums will be up and running again, if you Paid for an SLA (Service Level Agreement). If you are a web developer, you should understand this. We won't be crass enough to follow the philosophy of "No good deed should go unpunished"

If we are not willing to support SGUSucks.com financially, we unfortunately have very little choice. The site itself is not a self supporting (as in the way of ads or sales from fucked up DVD's or porn links). We have to take a reality check and come to the following conclusions.
1. Person out of the kindness of his/her heart, registered (and Paid) for the domain name
2. Person out of the kindness of his heart (Brother Kobe/OM1, gave us free Server Space, and Bandwidth)
3. We have a place to vent, Bitch, Moan and Gripe on the show we hate, as we have no place at Gayteworld
4. We've made friends acquaintances or what ever, that has a common goal/ similar interests.
5. So it's a tad inconvenient. So What? Who the hell has done anything for us, other than Bitch slap us at every turn?

I am a bit disspointed on your harsh criticizm of Overmind One. It is not upto us, to judge whether he's a professional webhost or not. That's upto his Paying Clients. We just enjoy what scraps are thrown our way, since it's FREE!! I have access to 2 servers (Both Mine) at 2 different locations. But I stopped giving out Free hosting when a similar thing happened to me (My situation was UPS Failing and server being down for the whole weekend). So having hosted my "friend's" site free for 2 years, was all washed away because he could not update his site with a couple of new pictures. Needless to say, I asked him to move it to a freehost elsewhere.

I apologize if I myself sound harsh, But I've been in Information Technology Since 1983, and have seen many good intentions being kicked in the teeth.

Re: UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!!!!!

Lilith
I agree, it's worth the wait just to converse with the people who I have met here.  Once your home or office is broken into as is the case, there are alot of emotions to deal with and customers to handle.  I'm sure he is more focused on his livelyhood more than our inconvenience.  I'm sure he has been working long hours trying to restore his business.

Thanks for the information Victor, my computer is like my car.  When I get in the car I expect it to work and when I turn on the computer I expect for it to work also.  When they don't work I'm like a duck out of water because I can't fix either of them.

Re: UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!!!!!

@Victor

Seriously dude, that is so uncalled for and not necessary. You will not have gained many friends with comments like those.

Re: UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!!!!!

GetMallozziFired
I am so glad that Ovy's up and runnin'! got scared for a while..but for the break-in, now that's darn right nasty...still alot of losers on the planet that who would rather steal than actually work and earn an honest living...where are the cops when you need them right?

Re: UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!!!!!

Victor2407

Re: Let's try to get along.

@A Nonny Mouse

The first post of this thread from 2 days ago by the Webmaster says that Overmind told him that the insurance company replaced all of the missing servers/equipment already.

However, since the vBulletin forum is down again, I think it is possible that something else could be the problem.  I don't know.  I'm just happy Overmind is okay.

@Everybody

Let's try to stay away from why someone has or hasn't shown up, and what they have or haven't done out of the kindness of their heart.  Let's just try to wish Overmind the best and hope that all goes well for him.

Cheers.

we must remember the enemy is SGU and TPTB... not each other!
the good news is TPTB are getting desparate...putting an sga cast member (probably mckay) on SGU!

Re: UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!!!!!

@Victor2407:

I Received your email. Now I understand there's more than what meets the eye. As i mentioned in my Email, Communications breakdowns Suck.

Cheers,

-US06154

Re: UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!!!!!

Atlantis4Life
US06154 wrote
Now I understand there's more than what meets the eye.
That's always the case.

Cheers,

Atlantis.

Re: Let's try to get along.

Rac80 wrote
we must remember the enemy is SGU and TPTB... not each other!
the good news is TPTB are getting desparate...putting an sga cast member (probably mckay) on SGU!

Too true!  I agree.

Re: UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!!!!!

UxmalTrekker
Glad to hear that Overmind One is okay.  What a shame about the robbery though.  My best thoughts go out to him.  Hopefully he'll make a post sometime soon, as we could all probably use a dose of his SGU related sardonic wit.  It's always refreshing for me to see him poking the SGU Suck-beast with a pointed stick.

Regards,
Uxmal
12