Way of saving the Destiny *cough* crew in one shot..save series

Way of saving the Destiny *cough* crew in one shot..save series

GetMallozziFired
This author removed his/her Nabble account.

Re: Way of saving the Destiny *cough* crew in one shot..save series

Unless i'm mistaken the crew of destiny have no idea where they are in relation to earth. (I only watched the first episode so i could be wrong here) If thats true there is no way for atlantis to find them. It would be a needle in a haystack. Also even with asgard (spelling?) technology earth dosent have the capability of locateing Destiny so far out in space. It seems the only logical way for them to locate the ship from earth would be for some interfearance from an ancient (spelling?). Or from destiny for them to gain control of the ship and see if they can locate a course/map of where the ship started to where it is now.

Again I quit watching after the premiere episode so for all I know somthing above may have already happened.

Re: Way of saving the Destiny *cough* crew in one shot..save series

GetMallozziFired
This author removed his/her Nabble account.

Re: Way of saving the Destiny *cough* crew in one shot..save series

Feiniex
I think they do know where they are as in one of the SGU episodes (the ones i saw of before i lost the will compleatley) Dr.(Robert Carslie caractor) show the cornel a map of where they were in relation to earth, he did this when they were all going "we can fly back". And then the atlantis' ship using Dr. Meridith Rodey Mckays wormhole drive they can save them, thus putting an end to the miseriee .................... I mean series !

Rush thats his name - Love him and Eli (what great unused potential charactor development there)
PGU

This was discussed on the gateworld forum and found to be impossible because the energy requirements are huge.  I think people figured out it would take somewhere around 1000 zpms to power the wormhole drive to go that far.  Plus, the wormholedrive was described as "unstable" in 'Enemy at the Gate'.

Re: Way of saving the Destiny *cough* crew in one shot..save series

Feiniex
yet it still managed to get them to earth in that episode, shame they just figure out how to make the ZPMS, can we not un freeze the space floating replicators and get them to make one . . . . . preferably Weir as she wont kill everyone ?

Re: Way of saving the Destiny *cough* crew in one shot..save series

alien0-2