What about those 30,000 posts

1 ... 3456789 ... 14

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Cheers

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Tropicana
piginpoo wrote
Cheers
You're welcome.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Just a quick question Trop, were the posts physically deleted or was the account put on global ignore status ? just curious

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Tropicana
piginpoo wrote
Just a quick question Trop, were the posts physically deleted or was the account put on global ignore status ? just curious
I looked around, thread by thread, post by post to be absolutely sure, and it appears the relevant original posts are all gone.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Robbie_Rocket_Pants
Hey Tropi, welcome to the Nabble Forum!  Hopefully it will be back to VBulletin very shortly & we can get back to business.
Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall............... Mr Mallozzi.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Jim of WVa
Tropicana,

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Jim of WVa (who is looking for a job in another state)

Tropicana wrote
piginpoo wrote
Just a quick question Trop, were the posts physically deleted or was the account put on global ignore status ? just curious
I looked around, thread by thread, post by post to be absolutely sure, and it appears the relevant original posts are all gone.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Tropicana
Robbie_Rocket_Pants wrote
Hey Tropi, welcome to the Nabble Forum!  Hopefully it will be back to VBulletin very shortly & we can get back to business.
Ha ha, thanks.  I hope the SGUS forum will be back up soon too.

@Jim of WVa

No probs.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Sabella

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Tropicana
Sabella wrote
Sorry, but didn't see this sooner.

My sincere thanks, Trop, for that good news.  It is very much appreciated.
No worries at all.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

If the original posts were deleted some of the threads would be gone too but they are still there which makes me think that the accounts are set to global ignore with the posts still intact rather than deleted. A definitive answer on that issue would be nice if you can get it.

Cheers

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

JohnSheppard
May I ask a question?
How can I ask for deleting my posts over the other forum?
I read we must send email but at which address?
THX.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

I tried to send an e-mail but it would not let me so if Tropicana is reading this maybe he will pass the message on for you.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

JohnSheppard wrote
THX.
Just write a polite letter of resignation to Tropicana and I'm sure he'll pass it on.

Just to confirm, you're happy enough to have your account and posts deleted?  Or just the posts?

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Tropicana
piginpoo wrote
If the original posts were deleted some of the threads would be gone too but they are still there which makes me think that the accounts are set to global ignore with the posts still intact rather than deleted. A definitive answer on that issue would be nice if you can get it.

Cheers
Hi!

I have asked and I have been told that a SQL Query was used to target and delete certain posts, without deleting the entire thread.

I hope that helps.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

JohnSheppard
Just let me think a couple of days.To be fair I'm shocked by the way how the forum split and I disagree my posts are used over another forum.I've just gone over this new forum to see how it is.I see many members from here are followed the split maybe cos the main forum has been down for a couple of days.
So my heart and feelings are split too and broken.
I feel sad to see how our forum ended.It was a funny place where I learnt many things.
I was disgusted by some words used between administrators and us members were in the middle.For sure we don't know the real reasons and who speak the truth but I'm always against insults.
So I will confirm you my choice.
BTW THX for keeping alive this site.I'm looking forward the new one.
And thx for receiving my question.

[...]

Take your time.

And IMO SGUS forum hasn't ended yet, it's just on a small break and there's Nabbles here so not dead at all.  Also from Sabella's posts, it's getting resurrected as we speak and I'm sure very soon, the forum will be back on line.

I plan to post at SGUS and at GF, cos I enjoy everybody's company.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

tscchope
When the TSCC wiki split in to the red and blue wikis about a year or so after T:SCC was not renewed, it seemed to do so without the public rancour so evident here. From what was posted a group of users wanted a less restrictive posting guidelines. They took a complete copy of the existing wiki as it then existed.Anyone wishing to post in the new site had to register. Had they just puilled everyone over, like you oevermind one, all exisitng users would still have been bound by their existing posting guidelines.

You posted. overmind one, on a link you made private, that us06154, Jim of WVA, piginpoo and sg-rocks/canceltheturkey were all traitors. They're the ones who stayed, overmind one, on SGUsucks.com. They didn't run away. They're not the traitors.

I don't know why you bothered, overmind one. I can't see what difference another ten weeks or even waiting until the SGU sets had been destroyed, before rebranding the forum. All you seem to have done is just renamed the forum.

FYI, overmind one, Jim of WVa didn't insinuate that skyler didn't exist. He posted that you and skyler are one and the same. You din't refute it. It's also been alleged that you and WATCHER are one and the same. Despite commenting, again, you didn't refute it.

Since you're reading this site, overmind one, I'll ask you straight out

are you skyler?
are you WATCHER?
are you  VICTOR?
If you don't want to answer directly, you can always let Gatefans.com Chief Moderator Tropicana or Moderator stclare to answer for you.

You. overmind one, accused US06514 of alerting the vbulletin owners that you were using two sites on a one site license. I'm reasonably sure the software can manage to issue a 'help me"daddy", I'm being used on more than one site' notification wthout external help.

Without a valid contract establishing that you have permission to copy the sgusucks.com forum and take all its registered users across, you, overmind one, can't copy a colon. What value did you offer? Bear in mind that "past consideration is no consideration" - mozy on down to your lawyers to have them explain that one to you.

Do post the Permission in full, won't you, overmind one.

A final thought occurs. How do you watch SGU? You have posted that you don't subscribe to SyFy. That leaves hulu and illegal torrents. I thught I had read somewhere that SGU isn't on Hulu.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

JohnSheppard
THX
Same problems here.
I read your messsage and answered you.

I only want funny place where sharing my passion and opinion wanting to forget all these bad arguements that I read here in the last few days before the forun down.
Do you know how many members have been split?Do you think members will be able to choice between the both?

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Thanks for that. It probably would have been easier just to prune the user but hey ho

1 ... 3456789 ... 14