What about those 30,000 posts

1 ... 45678910 ... 14

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Canceltheturkey
I think a lot of people are uncomfortable posting with the Nabble forum. It's not as user friendly and identities have to be tweaked or reset and lacks editing. So I think there's more people out there than appears. A 3 day old thread has over 2200 views.

The issue of the software auto dialing the licence registrar did cross my mind as well. But in no way do I remotely know the facts of that matter so I won't go there. That one's done and unless a smoking gun is produced that one's over for me.

Yeah, Watcher. That's an interesting one isn't it?

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Jim of WVa
Canceltheturkey,

Too late, the show is already canceled!

All recent versions of Microsoft Office will send a message to Microsoft when it is being used on more machines than is allowed in the purchasing agreement.  Some allowance is made for users who install a single-user copy at work and then install the same copy on their home computer.

Canceltheturkey wrote

Adobe software contacts up to 30 different IPs hidden in it's code, most of them located in San Jose home base. Don't ask me how I know that.
JR

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

JR
Canceltheturkey wrote
... The issue of the software auto dialing the licence registrar did cross my mind as well. But in no way do I remotely know the facts of that matter so I won't go there. That one's done and unless a smoking gun is produced that one's over for me ...
These days, software developers have gotten smarter!
"DIAL HOME" functions in websites don't make mutch sense because you easily could take out that part of code. Instead, specialized crawlers are used in order to figure out where in the web a special piece of software is installed. I have no boubts that the VBulletin developers are not using similar tools in order to determine where their software is used and then compare it to their licensing database.

However the new forums have been reported, it does not explain OM1's reaction at all! I agree that the proper way of action would have been to first get the SGUS forums up to speed again and put the GF on hold. There was no reason to rush out the new forums and shut down the old board. Well, one reason comes to mind: EGO!
It would not have hurt the GF forums if they would have launched a week later or two. I guess many of this bad feelings and anger are a result of the SGUS shut down. Maybe, if OM1 would have first helped to get SGUS going and then transfer the license afterwards, we would all be happy singing and dancing and rejoycing together.

On the other end, I believe that OM1 acted partly out of anger as well when he gave GF the go. And many users contributed to this anger with arguing and personal attacks. If given a choice, OM1 might have helped to get SGUS going first and then go on with the new GF world of his.

A few posts back, I read that someone wrote OM1 is calling certain members on here traitors in a private sub forum of his. If he does, I don't care. OM1 was kind enough to make that thread private and he is not coming here calling those people traitors in public. From my point of view, why not let him do whatever he wishes at GF? How does it help us to gather any piece of rude or unkind posts from there other than adding to a new storm wave that will rise once a certain limit of nasty posts have been gathered?

I have made up my mind about OM1 but this is my personal opinion and not for share. This my opinion might change in future, based on how OM1 will act and behave.

I would suggest that everyone would do the same: make up your mind about OM1 and give this topic a rest. It is time to close this chapter and move on!

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Canceltheturkey
JR wrote
because you easily could take out that part of code.
Why yes, I bet you could ...
JR

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

JR
Canceltheturkey wrote
JR wrote
because you easily could take out that part of code.
Why yes, I bet you could ...
As long as it isn't encrypted.
I worked for a big company for a while (the one with the big "G" and the many colors in the "o"'s) and they did similar things.

Anyway,
if people want to blame someone, I offer myself. If this is what it takes to leave all this behind us and move on, I will sacrifice myself and take the blame! I sure have an alibi but that can be ignored. Let me be the one so I can feel important.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Sabella

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Willl
Sabella wrote
So, the tornado has past and SGUS isn't quite in rubble -- but maybe that's the thing that upsets ppl the most.  Thinking that it just as easily could have been.
But what really is SGUS? SGUS is not simply some mere forum that can be taken offline. No, SGUS is a community. A community of great people that has built up over more than a year. And it takes more than a minor inconvenience to destroy that. Viva la SGUS!

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Robbie_Rocket_Pants
Fucking right Doggy!
Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall............... Mr Mallozzi.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Hey Tropi?

I would like to have the threads I started deleted, along with the posts. Specially The post where we had entered doctored pictures making fun of Actors and show runners. the ID can be removed too. It would be a cold day in hell for me to go over there.

Tell me, who'd go to a neighbor's BBQ, when they stole the steaks from you freezer, and your BBQ off your backyard. Then they ask you to grill steaks for everyone when you go over there. WTF??? Are we that insane? Sure, they may say they "borrowed the items", or had Your spouse secretly give it to the neighbor. What you know for sure is, One way or another, You were screwed.

Thanks Tropi, you can act as my proxy on this matter. Do me proud. (LOL, that wasn't an invitation BTW)

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

I would like all the threads that I started removed as well because I do not believe that the posts are gone until that is done, in fact I would like anything to do with me removed from that database and all backups.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

STCLARE
I dont think there is anyway to tell. I think some are waiting for the sgusucks board to go back up on a new server, nabble can be a pain to use

i intend to post on both sites, as thats the only way to have convos with people who dont post in both places.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Anderson
Believe me, Pigin - I checked. The posts are GONE, physically deleted, irretrievable!

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Then why are there still threads showing that I started but nobody has replied to. The thread starter has gone allegedly so why is the thread still there ?
Are you sure that global ignore has not been used ?
Why have all traces of me not been deleted as requested on that forum ?
Is that site so desperate to look populated that they have to pretend that they have lots of members ?

I have nothing against you Mr.A but I do think that you are being led a merry dance at the moment.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

tscchope
@JR That thread with the list only ent to the private area on gatefans.com after a link to it was posted here. I don't have access, since I'm not a registered user over there.

I think you should save your "I am Spartacus" moment. As per Cluedo, the vBulletin software did it ...

You are right, overmind one, trust does have to be earned, as you posted on your new site. There's far too much ripping off of web content these days for the suspicion that that's what you've done not to exist. You want to start another site, that's fine. I do question whether the simple name change was worth the ensuing chaos. Using another site's content and membership is another. You've posted you're a straght up nice guy, so, please, let's see that in action. Post the Permission you say you have and post what sgusucks.com received in return. Answer the alias questions I asked you.

Does anyone here expect this mess to be over once the sgusucks forum returns? What happens when overmind one and maybe others request the deletion of his threads and posts? Not that it should be the original site that needs to create new threads. pity realy, because i used to enjoy reading overmindone's posts.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

US06154
tscchope wrote
Does anyone here expect this mess to be over once the sgusucks forum returns? What happens when overmind one and maybe others request the deletion of his threads and posts? Not that it should be the original site that needs to create new threads. pity really, because i used to enjoy reading overmindone's posts.
To answer your question/s, We never posted any comments, or started new threads at gayfans or whatever the fuck he calls his new site. But overlord did post on SGUSucks.com, and he did so, fully comprehending that he was doing so at SGUSucks.com  But if he prefers, we can make sure that all traces of his existence removed from the New SGUSucks.com forum.

I don't know about the mess, it is not one of our making. Let's say we were all playing Soccer (Or Cricket or Rugby, as I did play all of the games ) One of the players foul up, or gets clean Bowled out. Then he decides to have a hissy fit, and takes the Ball, stumps and goes home. The game can't continue without a Ball or stumps. Once we have the ball and stumps, the game continues on with no thought of the spoil-sport. As for cross posting.. IMHO, it is redundant. It's like you replying to an email at the office, and then re-replying to it, after coming home.. I don't think we have enough megalomaniacs to go around, who thinks that their opinion is so valuable, that it has to be posted on 2 different forums so as not to miss that 1 new subscriber that might have joined one or the other forum.
just sayin'....

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Say Pig, you show up as guest, the only posts I found are in quotes which Trop rightly said are unworkable as far as removal, and you've disappeared from my traitors, um, friends list.

So there you have it. Only the pig poo remains.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Anderson
piginpoo wrote
Feb 27, 2011; 01:09pm — by piginpooonline piginpoo

Yes, there's a lot of dancing going on at gatefans.net. VERY populated ones. And the merrier the better for Mr. Anderson.

Pigin, I don't have any animosity towards you - quite the contrary! But I have neither the will nor the power to get involved in some petty bickering or personal vendettas going on here. I'd rather see SGU°S back in force in time for the airing of SGU so we can all make fun of its suckiness together! And all the people posting at GateFans don't care about personal issues - they're just enjoying discussing SG and whatnot (yes, even Family Guy). I was only being courteous and reporting what I noticed while organizing the forums over there. The posts were removed physically, not by "global ignore". You can choose to believe it or not...

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Sabella wrote
We're going to do what any hearty (and hardy) group does after a disaster.  We're going to rebuild.  It's just right now there's a lot of emotional fallout here because of how it all happened.  I think I can say that all individuals who contributed to SGUS prior to one week ago felt they were a part of something special -- something that meant something to each person individually.  To have it ripped away with no forewarning has been a very difficult situation with which to deal -- both individually, and collectively.

So, the tornado has past and SGUS isn't quite in rubble -- but maybe that's the thing that upsets ppl the most.  Thinking that it just as easily could have been.
Yes, we are rebuilding.  It will take a little time, but what's new.  We've done it before, and each time the forum has come back better.  My goal is for this time to be no different.

I haven't read this entire thread or all of the posts on this page, but since I'm being told by people that there are rumors that I've up and "disappeared," I figured I'd pop over and say something.

Right now, I'm focused on working with our team to get our new forum up and the site re-worked.  So, if you don't see me posting a lot, please know that I'm still here, just behind the scenes.

Cheers,

A4L

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

For those of you that are interested this is a link to the VBulletin forum where you can get help fron VBulletin themselves

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php/367089-User-Banning-Options?highlight=global+ignore

1 ... 45678910 ... 14