What about those 30,000 posts

1 ... 6789101112 ... 14

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Anderson
JR wrote
TX wrote
It was nothing really important.
Yeah, US0, it was nothing really important! TX and Mr. Anderson simply were exchanging some phone numbers of a handful hot chicks in Germany. That and the address of a cool night club in Munich.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Mr. Anderson wrote
Thank you, joojoobee. I did honestly look hard and not find anything because your account had already been deleted before using a different procedure before OM1 had found a way to physically remove the posts. So yours are guest posts.

But you can continue posting here about how much you dislike posts showing a joojoobee show on another forum (which seems to be your intention since you are obviously perfectly capable of finding GateFans.net), or just ask OM1 to remove them over there.

I'm going to ask that you please do 2 things while you choose to post here.

1.  Please do not tell our members what they can and can't do.  I understand that you probably weren't trying to do this, so I'm not accusing you of anything.  I'm just making that request clear.  None of our staff should be going over there to tell whatever members who actually chose to have posts and accounts there, and continue to post there, what to do.  So, I'd appreciate the same courtesy shown here.

2.  Please do not accuse our members of "hate," trying to "gin up hate," or anything else for that matter, while you are here.  You are free to respond to comments, of course, but accusations without substantial proof can be seen as somewhat abusive, or at least out of line.  Since you have an account here that you signed up and registered for, these rules are to protect you as well.  So, please don't think that you are being excluded.

When Joojoobee said that he/she wanted his/her posts removed, instead of accusing him/her of "hate," you could have simply told him/her to contact the Webmaster at that site to have that issue corrected if it already hadn't been corrected, and to provide at least one link of an example to prove that it hadn't been corrected if you/Overmind thought that it had.  You did not have to accuse him/her of "hate," when clearly that wasn't the case.

Anyhoo, thanks for stopping by, and I hope you will choose to follow these rules/requests should you decide to post here again.

Cheers,

A4L

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Anderson
This post was updated on .
Atlantis4Life wrote
[...]

Dear A4L,

I apologize for bringing in emotion into the civil intellectual debate going on in this and similar threads. I am also sorry for questioning the motives of people who keep repeatedly posting the same thing although they have been told many times the proper way to do it (i.e. contact the mf… er, I mean webmaster at gatefans.net). And I regret being so rude to otherwise polite and restrained members.

Fair Enough! But why did you address ME in your post and not members of SGU°S in general? Does this rule only apply to Mr. Anderson? "Please do not tell our members what they can do and can't do"? "Please do not accuse our members"?? "Should you decide to post here again"??? Why are you singling me out, and why do you address me as if I were not a long standing member of this site but as someone from another site who just registered here to harass standing members of SGU°S??? Have I been more aggressive or rude or name-calling than other members here, or is it the new standard of SGU°S moderators to be partial to people depending what they do elsewhere?

Like I have already wrote Pigin, I only came here to do the courtesy of answering questions to old friends who, for reasons I respect, refuse to ask them elsewhere. But I see it is pointless. There are so many false speculation and accusations I don't even know where to start anymore, and frankly, nobody seems to be willing to listen anyway. Some would rather just keep on stomping their feet and crying bloody murder. I don't need to waste my time - GateFans is a thriving forum with over a thousand new posts, over 1 million hits in just 2 weeks, and most people there have just moved on and are ignoring this petty little fight. Likewise I will not post anymore on this subject over here. It's sad to see what part of SGU°S has been reduced to, and I hope the few good people genuinely trying to start new topics about SGU continue to do so and make this site a great one once again.

Anyhow, thank you for your message.
JR

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

JR
For heaven's sake,

Can't you guys clean this up via PM / email? I feel like in kindergarden here ... !

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

tscchope
As a long standing member, Mr Anderson, you ought to know how things work on a forum. I'm surprised you're only posting out of courtesy and not because you want to. Funny, I thought you would be not posting anymore, just like stclare and Tropicana. Strangely enough, I thought you were posting because Overmind One told you to. It's not this site on which you are a moderator, but on gatefans. Are you really surprised, when a mod pulls you up for acting like you were?
gatefans is not a part of sgusucks. It's always good to read that a site is doing well and there was Overmind One lambasting Brad Wright for imitating and never being original.

Some of those hits are mine looking to see if Overmind One has published his so-called agreement. he's the only one saying there was one. I've no evidence that there was, nor that both parties to it were adults capable of forming legally binding contracts.

Oh and Mr Anderson, the beginning is always a good place to start.

http://sgu-sucks.3839896.n2.nabble.com/What-about-those-30-000-posts-tp6055722p6087970.html
To unsubscribe from What about those 30,000 posts, click here.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Anderson
tscchope wrote
[...]

Tsschope, why would I stop posting here? And why should I in your opinion?

Why would Stclare and Tropicana stop posting here as well? Last I checked they were still moderators on this forum. And last I checked there wasn't any war between the 2 sites.

Since you are completely new to SGU°S, you probably don't know the special rules of this forum. I remember them. FYI there never was heavy moderation here and members were supposed to solve their differences between themselves. Maybe (and hopefully!) that will change with the new forum this week and A4L's post is a reflection of that. So yes, it was a surprise.

You misunderstood me. I post here and continue to contribute to this site because I like it and what it stands for. 1100 posts do not come out of "courtesy" or any other motive than passion for the topics being discussed on a forum. The "courtesy" was related to GateFans, since I am not obliged in any way to provide information on their internals here. And no, your implying that OM1 told me to post here *facepalm* is a cheap shot and absolutely bogus.

Anyhow, enjoy your stay!

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Mr. Anderson, We have irrefutable proof that the real owner of SGUSucks.com never gave permission to Overmind to take a copy of the database. Period. All of this information plus a plathora of other quite interesting information, including screen caps will appear on the new site when it comes online. Remember to wear your raincoat and Sou'westers, because when shit hits the fan, the one's closest, will be the ones dripping with crap. Do you think that once you donated your blood to redcross, you can go back and ask for it later? think about it. Unlike the vague alligations of the Ogremind, about me ratting him out (we asked for proof, but alas, there's none), we do have some interesting proof. He just stirred a hornets nest, just so that he could steal a databse, to call his own.

if there's a 1000 new posts over there, now there's really no need for our old posts? perhaps he could run a SQL query to delete ALL records older than the day it was hijacked? 1000 comments in just over a week? why, people must be coming in droves to post over there, or did 5 people just decided to stay at home without going to work, and just post 1 word comments like, "hell yeah", "of course", "LOL", over and over again? I am happy for you, that you have an elevated position over there at Goatfans. But that authority only carries weight over there.

In retrospect, I wonder what really happened, whenever the main forum went "not available" for the last year. if there was any truth in the claims of Verizon "fucking up", or something else was going on..

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Anderson
US06154 wrote
1000 comments in just over a week? why, people must be coming in droves to post over there, or did 5 people just decided to stay at home without going to work, and just post 1 word comments like, "hell yeah", "of course", "LOL", over and over again?

US0, I'll let you and the other readers be the judge of that.

Anyhow, I look forward to seeing the new site.
Cheers,
Mr. A.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

joojoobee wrote
I want my posts deleted from gatefans too.
Piginpoo wrote something about an email address:

piginpoo wrote
Just tried to send an e-mail to the gayfans site to get all my posts deleted and the mail got bounced back. Seems that it is not even possible to send a simple request to them now to get your posts deleted even though they claim that all you have to do to have them removed is send an e-mail. Guess they do not want to lose thousands of posts.
Maybe you could ask him, what email address he meant. Maybe your mail won't bounce back. I have no idea how else you can reach Overmind. I mean you can't write a comment or PM on his forum, because your account was already deleted.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

tscchope
I haven't misunderstood you at all, Mr Anderson.

I didn't say that Tropicana and stclare weren't mods on this site. The post you were pulled up for was because you were acting as though you were a mod on this site.

I may be new to posting on this site, but I've seen how it operates overthe last several months.
I'm wondering why, if in your view there's no war between the sites, all of your posts include snide remarks.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Anderson
This post was updated on .
tscchope wrote
I haven't misunderstood you at all, Mr Anderson.

I didn't say that Tropicana and stclare weren't mods on this site. The post you were pulled up for was because you were acting as though you were a mod on this site.

No, I'm just a member! Sorry if I gave that impression... You are new here and it is a standing tradition to welcome new members as I did (don't have the wagon smiley ). I just want to be treated as the member I have always been and not all of a sudden as "the guy from the other site who is intruding here". If my being a mod on the other site makes me a persona non grata for the admins here or requires special behavior on my part, then I'd please like to be informed and will gladly act accordingly.

You did indeed write Trop and Stclare had stopped posting here (your post is still up there). And that was news to me.

I may be new to posting on this site, but I've seen how it operates overthe last several months.
I'm wondering why, if in your view there's no war between the sites, all of your posts include snide remarks.
You mean "snide" as compared to whom - JimofWVa, US0, JR, my friend CTT?
All my posts??? No. Only the more recent ones. I was very nice at first - even to you, but all the things being said here and the path our site has been taking the last weeks has really gotten to me. As for what you may call "snide", that's how I am sometimes - check my recent post regarding Tanith or even my posts at GateFans. Nothing specially directed at our site or fellow members.

There's no war going on either AFAIC, only a few guys here taking some shots (I think the few guys on the other side even stopped hitting back). For me the war has always been with SGU and its PTB.

Take care,
Mr. A.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Hyperbeam
There is no war between the sites.  Certain individuals are still upset and I can understand their point of view and GateFans creation may have indeed not have been entirely kosher. But it's time to move on.   Honestly, the arguing and insulting that is going on here at Nabble needs to stop when the new board goes up or it will have the same stigmata of SGUS: a bunch of basement dwellers that complain about stuff/people they don't like.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Bluce Ree
Hyperbeam wrote
There is no war between the sites.  Certain individuals are still upset and I can understand their point of view and GateFans creation may have indeed not have been entirely kosher. But it's time to move on.   Honestly, the arguing and insulting that is going on here at Nabble needs to stop when the new board goes up or it will have the same stigmata of SGUS: a bunch of basement dwellers that complain about stuff/people they don't like.
Basement dwellers? Who you calling basement dwellers? Don't make me squeeze out of my Stealth Boomchair, put on pants and go upstairs and tell my mom.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Lilith
Could you bring back some twinkies and chocolate milk when you return to the basement to join us.  Chips and salsa too.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Canceltheturkey
But it's the only place in the house I can find to write posts in my lingerie.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Bluce Ree
Lilith wrote
Could you bring back some twinkies and chocolate milk when you return to the basement to join us.  Chips and salsa too.
Mmmmmmmmmmmmm ... twinkies and salsa. Done.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Lilith
No need to waste energy with extra trips.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Hyperbeam
I'm not calling anyone a basement dweller. Just saying if this fighting continues on the new site that the old prejudices against SGUS will probably carry over. Imagine being a new prospective poster and seeing all this fighting. First impressions count.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Lilith
Yes, I agree but basement dwellers is not new to us so excuse our humor since the majority of us live in regions without basements and are too involved with our jobs and life to dwell there.  The infighting as observed by you is not enjoyed here but it is a phase that we are unable to do anything about at the moment.  It will all be ironed out and we will weather the negative preception.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Canceltheturkey
Ah no basement? Trailer Park then.

For the benefit of people just showing up, this Nabble system is a temporary fall-back board. It is not a permanent solution. I'm sure a lot of people aren't posting due to logins and identities. Not too many people are going to go digging back into this board once the new one is up. IMHO.
1 ... 6789101112 ... 14