What about those 30,000 posts

12345 ... 14

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

and again you act like a petulant child. You claim to want to help Skyler so how is getting this site shut down doing that. Sue me if you can, I look forward to it. Your posts are also questionable as regards libel and slander so lets see how far you are prepared to take this shall we. Never bullshit a bullshitter as they say.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Overmind One
Its frightening to realize that for almost TWO YEARS, I was literally casting my pearls before SWINE.

The last hour of life for SGUS Forums was very revealing. It showed me that I was spending every day with people who were not really what they seemed at all. A bunch of seething devils. And you continued it here. Since none of you want to make peace, lets see who is the best at making war, shall we?

I will only monitor. Im done posting here for now. Go ahead, have a few beers and come back. Make my day.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Jim of WVa
RETARDED LIBERAL:

Typical liberal behavior: respond to legitimate criticism by calling one's opponent a racist.  Gee, where have we seen that behavior before?

Overmind One wrote
BLAH BLAH BLAH. Skyler owns the domain sgusucks.com, so he better be human. And I dont plan to post anything because whomever reported the license issue to vBulletin knows what they did. I have no desire to present anything to any of you here because I really dont give a flying fuck what you think. I only care about the fans, the innocent members and Skyler. You and your whiney drunken friends do not interest me in the least. You were never part of the management/ownership, never spent a dime, never did anything for SGUS except expose your racist mindset.

Losers with an attitude.

Skyler has my support, but you and Piggy and US0 can just fuck off.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

sorry about disappearing like that - had to go change my daiper after shitting myself at the thought of being sued.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Jim of WVa
Piginpoo,

Can you confirm that Skyler is a real person?

piginpoo wrote

Sure can

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Jim of WVa
Piginpoo,

There is no user on http://www.gatefans.net/ with the name Skyler.  While the person exists, that person is having nothing to do with Overmind One's new site.

I still have seen no evidence that suggests that someone named Skyler agreed to the copying of the 37,000 posts from here to the new site.

piginpoo wrote
Sure can

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

I think the new updated site should remind people that all material originally posted here remains copyright of sgusucks.com.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

j.Vinsett
Skylar or not there is no authorization from the content authors of those posts to be moved. There was nothing in the Sgusucks.Com Terms and Conditions that specifically transferred ownership from the posters to the site. I forwarded the responses taken and the vbulletin sign up page to a lawyer friend in Valley Village, CA. She is prepared to issue DMCA takedown notice  to both sgusucks and gatefans pro bono to set a prescendent over content ownership  on behalf of the content creators if they so desire. If this Skylar person did in fact do such a move as approve moving content  then he/she is also guilty over copyright violation. Hence why sgusucks.com would  also receive a DMCA takedown notice as well.

I didn't think Stargate fansites are worth all that but, that is up to the posters. Would you be willing for takedown notices to be issued to both sites?  I am a longtime lurker on this board and this is just madness and stupidity on both sides.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Anderson
Oh, somebody wants to take BOTH sites down? How helpful of you! Let me guess... GayteWorld? Asslock Alpo? Mazolla???

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Speaking as the resident village idiot, wouldn't the fact that I posted  on sguscucks.com mean that becomes with my permission their property and not that of someone else's domain? Other than use of portions elsewhere as fair use.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Sabella
Unless the poster abrogates his copyright at membership sign-up (usually language in the ToS, sign-up, or some other document) US law provides for the poster to retain copyright of his/her materials.  Common use can be argued if a portion of one post (or even a whole one or two) is used outside that domain.  It has also been argued that even though the DMCA provides a safe haven for the site/domain not getting in trouble for anything an individual poster says, the site/domain still retains some small claim to individual posts, although that does not circumvent the original poster's copyright, which is held by the poster by default.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

j.Vinsett
No! Signing up to a site to post gives an implied licence for that site. The original posters retain ownership unless the terms of signing up state otherwise.  There is nothing in the SGUSUCKS terms that transfer ownership from one party to another.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Laughing At You

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

ASS - HOLE

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Sabella
Did you make a typo, Piggy?  I thought it might be APE-HOLE

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

It is really sad how low some people will go to try and get a rise. They have now been reduced to trolling

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Canceltheturkey
Sort of reminds of Pantyloons.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Laughing At You wrote
Let's see, a blowhard who talks big shit about how much money he makes and how he's soooooo successful as a consultant that he could buy and sell every single one of us ten times over but who happens to be too fucking cheap to pony up LESS than $200 to save his precious forum.
LOL, I know, but what can you about that fucking Guy? Why, he even said that he went to tickle some nuts at the MGM building, and While he was handing out blowjobs, Some people were whispering sweet nothings about How SGU wasn't coming back in his elephant ears. I guess people were just lining to part with that bit of information to basically an unklnown service guy. Of course he didn't have $200 to spend on another forum. But this blowhard is alegend in his own mind. else, why would one call himself the overmind1? He is the king of the world, sitting on his own dung heap...
12345 ... 14