What about those 30,000 posts

1 ... 891011121314

RE: What about those 30,000 posts

If you e-mail them at the site they will delete all your posts and account for you

RE: What about those 30,000 posts

Lilith
It isn't obvious, Mr. Anderson is a Mod and Tropicana also.  They both frequent here.  You could send them a PM to have it deleted and they will notify you when it is done.

RE: What about those 30,000 posts

frumenta
Thanks pig! It will not make a significant dent in the postcount  but I really do not want to be counted as a member of that site against my will.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

SGU_Sucks_Webmaster wrote
Overmind Two wrote
Bluce Ree wrote
Did you all really ban OM1 from posting here?

I'm really feeling badly seeing all this infighting fracturing the community we've built.
Yes, they did...and my Overmind One account is STILL banned! Overmind Two is brand new because Overmind One is banned. Im not even sure why.

I was unaware that OM1 was banned. Unbanning.

I haven't banned anyone.
  And I'm just hearing this now.  I can ask if Pig banned anyone, but I doubt that he banned Overmind Once because I just looked at his account and it is fine.  There is no ban on the Overmind One account.  So, OM2 is not necessary.  I'll ask Pig to double check on what might have happened earlier.

That being said, there are a few reasons why someone might be banned.  And everyone has to follow the rules.  The full CCPG may not be up right now, but the page that links to the forum says what the rules are and why someone might be banned.

To be clear.  We do not allow:

-  Abuse of other members

-  Spamming

-  Illegal Activity/Serious Threats

-  Extreme Hate/Graphic material

So, if people can avoid that, they shouldn't have any real issues here.

@Others

I've said before that I thought that the Rac incident should have been handled privately, and I posted that in the True Colors thread, but Overmind did not seem to want that so he made the issue very public...  I'm not trying to get into it with him because I don't want the headache, so I'll leave it at that.

Cheers.

p.s.

I've got to go now, but I'll be back later...

RE: What about those 30,000 posts

Glad that I could help.

RE: What about those 30,000 posts

Bluce Ree
How about getting everyone closely involved on a live chat, like gtalk or msn, and see if we can bring this community back together? It's a pity to let this crevasse get any larger over misunderstandings and lots of he said/she said.

RE: What about those 30,000 posts

Canceltheturkey
OMG ... statements and depositions. ... and double agents ... any moles or Al Qaeda sleeper cells?

RE: What about those 30,000 posts

US06154
drama? we got drama (queens that is...)

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

@A4L: his OM1 account was banned as of earlier this afternoon. I unbanned it, during the whole domain takeover ordeal.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Robbie_Rocket_Pants
Let me riposte to this & break the argument down to it's original denominators - you bullied Yoshi (clearly, undeniably & unnecessarily), Yoshi acted with dignity in not throwing a bitch-fit (it was, in fact, other members who piped up on Yoshi's behalf), Pig banned you for being a dick but without following the proper procedures, shavedape/B-Dubya/SparklyPinkUnicorn/LongTermSleeperTroll & Overlord One piped up & OM1 threatened A4L via PM, hence you were reinstated.

Basically you got off with your heinous act on 1) a technicality (& you milked it but continue to milk it to this very day in a very unlady-like manner) & 2) the fact that you are bezzies with the former content host of SGUºS who, 1) also milked it & 2) following this debacle, also milked it, threw ALL of his toys out of the pram & took his ball home (after he had stated many months earlier that he was hosting SGUºS, not for gratitude, but out of charity & a love for Stargate & our community)............... now he seems to be demanding some kind of entitlement to gratitude for having hosted us for so long - not exactly the words of a humble man.......... cough* hypocrite *cough.

The fact of your "non-compliance" with, & your lack of "denial of" the favouritism shown towards you, is irrelevant - you should, by choice & humility, have declined said favouritism, realised that you were being a total bully to Yoshi & accepted your THREE day ban gracefully & returned with some measure of shame as most people would have.  Instead, following the fight which happened on your behalf between OM1 & A4L (which most people were still shocked by) you not only reconciled your account but immediately returned to gloat over those whom you had defeated......... to be honest, I was dumb-founded by this, especially considering the respect & defence I had grown for you over the year + more I had known you.  You are not entitled to people's respect, you have to earn it & if you fail to see that then I feel extremely, extremely sorry for you.

Now you, your current ass-master, your pet sleeper-troll & all of your sychophants (not all posters at GF, but those who aren't, know who they are) seem intent on berating SGUºS as if it's the other site (which you were all formerly members of & still are) & we at SGUºS seem to be referred to as "bile-filled haters" & "that other site".............. don't you guys even see what GF has become? the hypocrisy is just pure irony ......... (I'll give you a clue - it's GW).

The fact is, following the Rac/Yoshi debacle, I launched a subversive campaign against YOU Overmind!  I PM'd a great many people on SGUºS (SGU haters & fans included) in order to start a rebellion against you as your arrogance, favouritism & overall powerbase was becoming out of control but, following a lack of substantial, willing numbers, I merely resorted to posting my individual departure thread in the main boards.  I have no shame in admitting this in public now because you acted an undignified prick & lost the respect of myself & many others (those many others I'm sure you now vilify as being traitors/squeedrones etc) but it matters not!  You acting in a manner unbecoming of a forum host & admin/mod & I am failry certain that, regarding GF, all things will inevitably become equal.
Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall............... Mr Mallozzi.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Jim of WVa
Robbie,

I see that you like OM1 a lot more than I do.  Gatefans.net was a blatant attempt by OM1 to cash in on the success SGUSucks.com had in drawing posters, lurkers, and attention.  I don't see how OM1 is any different than an anti-SGU version of Michael Hinman.

Honey Badger!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg

Robbie_Rocket_Pants wrote
[...]

Jim,

Whether or not I buy into &/or believe your nutjob theory myself is immaterial........... he's still a wanker which is all that matters.
Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall............... Mr Mallozzi.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Jim of WVa
Robbie,

Which nutjob theory?

The nutjob theory that Skyler and OM1 were the same people?  That theory was basically destroyed with the appearance of the SGU_Sucks_Webmaster.  If they were the same people, then I would have been banned at the mere mention of U.S. Senator Rand Paul (KY-Republican).

The nutjob theory that Joseph Mallozzi was the Antichrist.  That was a joke, not a theory.

The nutjob theory that OM1 wants to build his own kingdom on gatefans.net.  That nutjob theory appears to be true.  Only the future will tell, if that effort will be successful.

Yes, he is still a wanker.

Robbie_Rocket_Pants wrote
Jim,

Whether or not I buy into &/or believe your nutjob theory myself is immaterial........... he's still a wanker which is all that matters.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

US06154
Gentlemen, (Robbie and Jim), this is all academic now. We have to move on. OM1, OM2, or any other versions of himself, is persona non grata. We cannot ban him ATM. But he definitely would not be welcome on the new site. It no longer matters who said what, or what political agenda or party he supports. Jim, You are a PE in Civil Engineering, I'm a PE in Electrical and Electronics Engineering. We have a boatload of educated people in here, and we don't need to drag ourselves to OM1's level anymore. We cannot really move forward if we continue to bicker among ourselves. This was an insidious attempt by OM1 to destroy us, by showing "support for RAC". Robbie, you explained it very eloquently in your post, qudos to you. The issue was milked thoroughly by OM1, and the sad part of it was, RAC was an unwitting pawn of his.

Yes it is good to show Nabble forum visitors that "something juicy is going on here", since even a "power battle" scandal will keep people interested in coming here, so that when the time comes for the forum to go active, we can transition them to the new site. It's just that perhaps we should concentrate more on "know thy enemy" rather than "let's give our friends a swirly". we've shown people that we are not dead.

We are no longer calling OM1 a thief. That's the way it is. Instead, it's more like the Accountant who misappropriated the company funds. See? I didn't call him a thief.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

frumenta
Robbie and US, thanks for explaining what went down at the banning. After reading the True Colors thread I think everyone can make up their own mind.

I would like some reassurances for the new site even though I know there are no guarantees in life. I would like to know that OM1 is not going to be involved in any way. After what he did with the power he had over SGUS before I really wouldn't be comfortable with it.

As for the "unwitting pawn", I would just like to know that in the new site any behaviour like the True Colors thread will not be tolerated. Yoshi's comments on GW did not merit that thread and he conducted himself with dignity.

I am not trying to make myself into this all important member that I wasn't before, it's just that I suddenly found myself with too much free time on my hands and I'm all over the place trying to understand how everything imploded. Thanks for bearing with me, everyone :)

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

US06154
Frumenta, We've graciously declined OM1's assistance with a Gentle "thanks friend, but no thanks"  because a "No fucking way asshole, only when hell freezes over" would have been a bit too much. And we are all about being a kinder, gentler society (trying really hard, not to laugh). Moderation has many meanings. in it's simplest form, it just means "don't allow to let things run unchecked". Yoshi conducted himself with dignity, and I stood up for him. Now everyone knows where I stand with squeedrones.  But there is a right way and wrong way to do things. Even with Tanith, with whom my issue was more personal, I backed off after my initial cautions to others, and from that point, simply ignored him. It doesn't mean that we'd let any troll or squeedrone come in and simply do whatever the hell they want. They will get smacked, But the smacking will be done with decorum. (like the fist in soft kid leather gloves).. I'm joking..

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

I really don't think anything of this was Rac's fault. It absolutely doesn't matter in this regard, if the starting of the Yoshi thread was right or wrong. It is the administrators and moderators job to keep the peace in a forum, to make the decisions, if a comment is within the rules or not. This time this process wasn't peaceful. Rac didn't point a pistol at anyone and pressured them to throw a hissy fit because of her. All of the administrators and moderators are adults. They should have been able to solve the misunderstanding/disagreement in an amicable way. That was obviously not the case.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

maunu
TX wrote
I really don't think anything of this was Rac's fault. It absolutely doesn't matter in this regard, if the starting of the Yoshi thread was right or wrong. It is the administrators and moderators job to keep the peace in a forum, to make the decisions, if a comment is within the rules or not. This time this process wasn't peaceful. Rac didn't point a pistol at anyone and pressured them to throw a hissy fit because of her. All of the administrators and moderators are adults. They should have been able to solve the misunderstanding/disagreement in an amicable way. That was obviously not the case.
I totally agree that everyone is responsible for their own behaviour  and no one was forced to behave the way they did.  But I also don't believe that bad behaviour should be ignored or condoned or certain rules are applicable to some and not others.  I didn't agree with how Rac behaved and she didn't seem to find anything wrong with how Overmind handled the situation and thanked him several times for backing her up.  She certaintly wasn't responsible for what Overmind did afterwards in regards taking the forum to his new site or any of his behaviour since.

I also agree that it should be the administrators job to keep peace in the forum but in this case their powers were over ruled.  I believe that Pig didn't follow proper procedures in his banning but his decision to ban Rac shouldn't have been questioned, only the way he went about it.  Atlantis was railroaded into doing what Overmind wanted and I think this is where everything came to a head.

But hopefully it's all now in the past and the new site will have a more objective administrator at its helm and harrassment and bullying will be discouraged no matter who you are.
JR

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

JR
maunu wrote
[...]

Well, no!
It shouldn't be the administrator who has to keep the forums peacefully! That is what moderators are for.

Still, however you turn it: OM1 did the same to joojoobee what piggy did to RAC. Because of OM1 didn't like what joojoobee said, he not only edited joojoobee's post but also banned him instantly right afterwards without a warning! Keep in mind that he did this on the SGU Sucks Forums with the "Your post will never be deleated and you never will be abnned for waht you say" policy in place!

I am not sure what I would have done in OM1's shoes but I certainly would not have edited joojoobee's post. Moved to non-public area maybe but not overwritten with a smiley ...

But then, even OM1 is only human and everyone can take only a certain ammount of insults!

I sure wish that all this inner fighting will stop, so, that we can all look forward!
Nasty things have been said and done but how does it help to keep dragging on them? We can't change the past but we all can have a beautiful future together!

L E T ' S   M O V E   O N   !

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

maunu
JR wrote
[...]

Admins and Moderators - my point was how can you let the moderators do their job when their decision is overruled or they are rail roaded into agreeing with what Overmind wanted.  Overmind had no problem with others being insulted - he only took exception when they were directed at him.

But anyway it's all in the past now and yes it is time to move on and I'm looking forward to the new site.

1 ... 891011121314