What about those 30,000 posts

1 ... 91011121314

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Rac80

Illuminating post robbie, I will say that I was given less respect and consideration when I was banned by piggy than A4L, piggy, and others gave to the spammers & trolls that visited us!  that is what bothered me the most...if I was out of order, the mod should have pmed me and told me so...as they do with any run of the mill troll, THEN (and only then!) if I had not backed off, a 3 day ban might (dont' know exact procedures) have been in order.  I WILL CONTINUE TO FEEL I WAS NOT TREATED WITH ANY RESPECT, MUCH LESS THE LEVEL OF RESPECT GIVEN TO ANY SPAMMER OR TROLL!!! that is why I haven't been mousey enough for you about it.  It was the fact I was treated WORSE than a troll and i feel that was completely undeserved! Yeah I am grateful that OM1 knew me enough to know that if I had been asked in a pm I would have backed off, you and others assumed piggy had already gone through the procedures and condemned me out of hand. He asked me (unlike you or most of the others) what happened, asked if I had gotten a pm I ignored (which A4L can verify I never recieved!) and then went on the rampage. he "defended my honor" if you will, hell we weren't even close friends who pmed or anything else before this whole mess blew up! But the point is I not only didn't recieve special treatment I was actually treated worse than the spammers and trolls...given less respect and consideration!
Robbie_Rocket_Pants wrote
Let me riposte to this & break the argument down to it's original denominators - you bullied Yoshi (clearly, undeniably & unnecessarily), Yoshi acted with dignity in not throwing a bitch-fit (it was, in fact, other members who piped up on Yoshi's behalf), Pig banned you for being a dick but without following the proper procedures, shavedape/B-Dubya/SparklyPinkUnicorn/LongTermSleeperTroll & Overlord One piped up & OM1 threatened A4L via PM, hence you were reinstated.

Basically you got off with your heinous act on 1) a technicality (& you milked it but continue to milk it to this very day in a very unlady-like manner) & 2) the fact that you are bezzies with the former content host of SGUºS who, 1) also milked it & 2) following this debacle, also milked it, threw ALL of his toys out of the pram & took his ball home (after he had stated many months earlier that he was hosting SGUºS, not for gratitude, but out of charity & a love for Stargate & our community)............... now he seems to be demanding some kind of entitlement to gratitude for having hosted us for so long - not exactly the words of a humble man.......... cough* hypocrite *cough.

The fact of your "non-compliance" with, & your lack of "denial of" the favouritism shown towards you, is irrelevant - you should, by choice & humility, have declined said favouritism, realised that you were being a total bully to Yoshi & accepted your THREE day ban gracefully & returned with some measure of shame as most people would have.  Instead, following the fight which happened on your behalf between OM1 & A4L (which most people were still shocked by) you not only reconciled your account but immediately returned to gloat over those whom you had defeated......... to be honest, I was dumb-founded by this, especially considering the respect & defence I had grown for you over the year + more I had known you.  You are not entitled to people's respect, you have to earn it & if you fail to see that then I feel extremely, extremely sorry for you.

Now you, your current ass-master, your pet sleeper-troll & all of your sychophants (not all posters at GF, but those who aren't, know who they are) seem intent on berating SGUºS as if it's the other site (which you were all formerly members of & still are) & we at SGUºS seem to be referred to as "bile-filled haters" & "that other site".............. don't you guys even see what GF has become? the hypocrisy is just pure irony ......... (I'll give you a clue - it's GW).

The fact is, following the Rac/Yoshi debacle, I launched a subversive campaign against YOU Overmind!  I PM'd a great many people on SGUºS (SGU haters & fans included) in order to start a rebellion against you as your arrogance, favouritism & overall powerbase was becoming out of control but, following a lack of substantial, willing numbers, I merely resorted to posting my individual departure thread in the main boards.  I have no shame in admitting this in public now because you acted an undignified prick & lost the respect of myself & many others (those many others I'm sure you now vilify as being traitors/squeedrones etc) but it matters not!  You acting in a manner unbecoming of a forum host & admin/mod & I am failry certain that, regarding GF, all things will inevitably become equal.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Canceltheturkey
Geeze this is like living Ground Hog Day over and over again. Pig has admitted he FUPd and has to live with it. I hope when posts get jacked onto side tangents such as this the new mods here step in to force some thread discipline. This sort of stuff should be kept in the OL anyway. It's not much interest to someone that just came here after Googling SGUS.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Bluce Ree
Canceltheturkey wrote
Geeze this is like living Ground Hog Day over and over again. Pig has admitted he FUPd and has to live with it. I hope when posts get jacked onto side tangents such as this the new mods here step in to force some thread discipline. This sort of stuff should be kept in the OL anyway. It's not much interest to someone that just came here after Googling SGUS.
I googled "sgu" and "in fighting" and both goatworld and this place came up on the first page.

Yeah, I said goatworld. I'm plagiarizing US0.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Robbie_Rocket_Pants
All very well & good, however you seem to be using the convenient technicality of Pig's incorrect use of procedure (which I disagree with aswell) but it doesn't excuse what you did - you are using it as a distraction & ignoring the crux of the matter which is that you acted a horrible fucker to Yoshi (& undeservedly), you stalked him, bullied him & created a thread which was intended to humiliate Yoshi & all the while, ignoring the warnings Pig was making in the thread (albeit, not the correct procedure).

Also, the whole "us & them" thing with regards to "squeedrones" is getting a little staid - that somebody holds a different opinion about SGU than you or I, or that he/she says one thing on one forum & then something else on another forum does not make that person a troll & does not warrant the kind of rancour which wjhiwas directed, indiscriminately at Yoshi (yes we understand you had a hard time over at GW but that isn't the case for ALL OF US!....... you pretty much made it look as though the guys at GW were right all along).............. you also made us @ SGUºS all look like a reet bunch of cunts & as a result, the community got divided, SGUºS went to rat shit & you still remain unrepentent.

I like you Rac but this shit has really narked me off.  You are making yourself look, in the eyes of your critics, like an arrogant, narcissistic, bullying harpy with an over-sized ego & whether or not you & OM were huge PM buddies, the whole thing looked like a white wash & you don't even realise that you two made SGUºS look like an exclusive member's-only club.  You talk about feeling as though you were given less repect than a spammer or troll but respect is EARNED, not GIVEN & you cannot expect to be treated as such when you act like a Rottweiler to an otherwise inoffensive poster............ it's called entitlement I believe.

I had not "assumed" that Pig had PM'd you because when you stated that he hadn't & he didn't deny that fact, I had no reason to disbelieve you........... I was merely pissed off with you because I fucking hate bullies more than anything in the world as it's the worse form of moral cowardice.  The fact of the matter is not that you were mistreated (although I admit you were) but that is overshadowed by your unwillingness to refuse you acted a twat to Yoshi & that is the rub of the matter - your hubris.  All I ask is that you show some fucking humility......... not too much to ask now is it? (rhetorical question btw).
Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall............... Mr Mallozzi.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Won't be much longer and this place will be back to normal.

Sweeping stuff under the carpet is exactly what should NOT be done (IMHO) as that was what was done with this whole thing in the latter days of SGUºS Vbulletin forum weeks back & look what happened there.  This is exactly the right place for this kind of shit.
Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall............... Mr Mallozzi.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Bluce Ree
Robbie_Rocket_Pants wrote
Sweeping stuff under the carpet is exactly what should NOT be done (IMHO) as that was what was done with this whole thing in the latter days of SGUºS Vbulletin forum weeks back & look what happened there.  This is exactly the right place for this kind of shit.
I'm in total agreement with you but all efforts seem futile. There's only so much progress you can make on an open forum as the tone of one's comments may not always come through as intended. It also gets sidetracked by opinions and comments from those not directly involved, which isn't conducive to a resolution of the core parties.

Since face-to-face is not an option and any sort of live chat seems another disregarded possibility, this is one of those things that's only going to get resolved by time.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Willl
Rac, this is the thing...I don't think anybody is saying you ASKED for special treatment nor are they suggesting that a 3 day ban with zero direct warning was the correct course of action. Yes if your posting broke the rules you should have received a warning via PM and only been banned if you did not heed it. Nobody's disputing that and Pig himself has stated that he made a mistake in that regard. I also think it's clear to everyone that you did not ask Overmind to "go on the rampage" on your behalf. My understanding from the posts that followed is that A4L also checked with both you and pig (who was not immediately available because of timezones) as to whether warnings were issued, and when he had the full facts of the issue, he posted that your ban was unjustified and unbanned you. The reason people talk about "special treatment" is that as you said, Overmind got involved because he knew you, not because he had gathered the full facts from all parties and made an objective judgement, which is the level of impartiality that is required in order for a forum to be fair and sadly this same impartiality needs to be used regardless of who the people involved are. I don't think Overmind would have "gone on the rampage" if, for example, it had been Yoshi who crossed the line with his posts and had been banned without correct protocol being followed.

The point is...why did Overmind feel it necessary to fly off the handle and threaten to bring the forums down over it? And then once it was resolved, to continue to bash the other forum admins until finally setting up his own forum, a clone of SGUS except he had full control of it, and then using SGUS to tell everyone to come to his new site, and then shutting down the SGUS forums? You've said yourself you weren't best buddies or anything before this happened. So what lead him to do it? From what I can see the answer to that question is the core issue that has split this community.

Some believe it's because he is just a darn nice guy and his unwavering sense of righteousness and justice meant he could not bear to see a long standing forum member suffer the ordeal of a temporary ban when that ban was a result of protocol being improperly followed, that for similar reasons he felt he simply could not allow the incorrect following of protocol to go unpunished, and this turn of events ultimately led him to lose faith in the rest of the SGUS administration. They believe his account that he only shut down the SGUS forums because someone discovered that he was using vbulletin on GF without a license and informed vbulletin (thus giving him no choice but to choose between SGUS and GF) and that by making a call to vbulletin he got them to reveal the identity of the person who informed them as being US0. They believe that Skyler willingly and with no coercion openly invited him to help himself to the forum database and that there was nothing in the least bit dishonest or underhanded about Overmind's actions.

Others believe that for whatever reason, Overmind wanted full control of the forums to himself, and that the incident provided a convenient means of doing this while maintaining his appearance as "the good guy" to the forum populace, important because if he had just up and yanked the forums without an apparently very good reason then of course nobody would have supported his new site. They believe that Skyler was coerced into accepting that Overmind had the right to take the forum database because he had donated his hosting services, and that once he had finished using SGUS to market his own site, Overmind pulled the SGUS forums to force the remaining members to his site, and that the story of US0 dobbing him in to vbulletin and vbulletin revealing the identity of the informer is a little too far fetched to be believed.

Those who suggested they believed the former got given elevated positions on GF. Those who didn't were treated with mistrust on GF, and those who openly suggested they believed the latter got labelled by Overmind and some others as enemies and haters. And then there are those in between who are just unsure what to believe or don't care, they just want an end to the conflict.

And I think almost everyone is sick of coming here to see arguments and threats and wants this place to be full of fun and laughter again. I know I am.

So to change the subject, US0, are the new forums ready yet? :P

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Robbie_Rocket_Pants wrote
Sweeping stuff under the carpet is exactly what should NOT be done (IMHO) as that was what was done with this whole thing in the latter days of SGUºS Vbulletin forum weeks back & look what happened there.  This is exactly the right place for this kind of shit.
The thing with the Yoshi thread, piginpoo's banning of Rac, A4L and Overmind's reactions are something, which were not swept under the carpet. On the contrary that was unfortunately discussed repeatedly in public in the forum, which shouldn't have happened. The mods should have regulated that in private.

All four people directly involved (Rac, pig, A4L, Overmind) made their opinions about what happened more than clear. It gave a clear picture.

- Rac started the thread
- pig banned her (intended to be a 3 days ban) without proper warning (he admitted that he didn't warn her properly)
- Overmind came to Rac's defense and demanded from pig and A4L that her ban is AT ONCE retracted
- A4L didn't unban her at once, because he wanted to know first exactly what happened before making a decision
- after A4L got information from everyone involved he agreed, that Rac shouldn't have been banned
- Rac was unbanned

The problem was all this didn't happen peaceful. The comments in the public forum made it clear, that a lot of insults were thrown around between pig and Overmind and between A4L and Overmind. It was already quite bad in the public forum. I really wouldn't be surprised, if they used even stronger insulting language in PMs and emails between each other.

But this all is a thing of the past now. When the new forum is up, we really should stop discussing that and start fresh without that baggage.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

not worth the time to argue/discuss/whatever.

@willl- FYI, I am not a mod/admin/or anything other than a regular member at gatefans so your analogy doesn't work 100%.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Anderson
TX wrote
[...]

I had decided I wasn't going to post anymore on this subject unless directly attacked, even if I saw things posted which I completely disagreed with or knew to be false (both of which unfortunately happen a lot from all sides as a matter of fact).
However, I have to make an exception here because PSW has made an excellent point (bolded) which bothered me a lot at the peak of the crisis and which has been hardly mentioned or even stressed enough by others in my opinion.

PS
While I'm at it: Will, as always a very good and sober analysis by you! Unfortunately you have gotten some things wrong (though you can't be criticized for it) because - like most of the people speculating here - you weren't privy to some of the facts happening behind the scenes. Just thought I'd mention it...

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

@Will: Though overmind vehemently stated that I ratted him out, He was never able to produce the evidence, because there is none. It is like me saying that I have evidence of you, trying to take over Kuwait. If he produces something, then he has to produce it from vBulletin, and I will of course, within a matter of minutes can disprove that he fabricated the whole thing.. But what ever.. we've moved on.

The Forum looks good. But we are currently moving it to a faster host. It doesn't have any cosmetics (plastic surgery) done to it.. yet. But everything is fully legal. Everything is paid for, even the hosting for 1 full year in advance. We have each and every post up untill the collapse of our beloved forum. So here's a sneak peak of a screen cap of some threads you opened:

Also here's a screencap of probably the last posts before the forum went down.. Poor joojoobee getting banned. You'll notice that the icon graphics are different, so obviously we couldn't have stolen it from somewhere else.. nudge, nudge, wink, wink..

So we are slowly getting everything in place. There's unsung heroes working in the background. My heartfelt gratitude for volunteering your valuable time, and to the "Angel of deliverence" who immediately came forward to purchase the vBulletin Licence and pay for the hosting, and help with finding the proper resources.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

I Miss Fri Night SCIFI
Cocktease!!!  Show us what we can't play with.  Wow.  Way to leave a girl hanging....

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

US06154 wrote
So we are slowly getting everything in place. There's unsung heroes working in the background. My heartfelt gratitude for volunteering your valuable time, and to the "Angel of deliverence" who immediately came forward to purchase the vBulletin Licence and pay for the hosting, and help with finding the proper resources.
A big thank you at the "unsong heroes" and the "Angel of deliverence" from me, too!

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

 I am sorry to leave everyone hanging.. But this is to inspire, and eagerly await for the Second coming of.. well, our forum.. hehehehe. I do have to show proof, because there was a challenge that we were simpletons, and didn't even have the database..

To tease you is not my intent.. But we have to do some major house cleaning, using Bleach, and a weed whacker..

We wouldn't want some butt pirate  to come along to aft our property now, because we were careless? would we??

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

I Miss Fri Night SCIFI
I guess....

I suppose I'll continue to sit on the dock of the bay and waste more time.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Hahahah I can hardly wait until all those requests to have all their posts deleted come in from Goatworld.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Sabella

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

I Miss Fri Night SCIFI
Yeah,yeah...that's the ticket.  Okay.  I'll check back here in a few days.

Excuse me......

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

He is the only part of SGPoo worth watching!
1 ... 91011121314