What about those 30,000 posts

1 ... 1011121314

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Robbie_Rocket_Pants
They were INDEED swept under the carpet!  The fact that this shit went on VERY publically is EXACTLY the way it shoudl have gone down because deals going on behind closed doors is not what our forum should be about.  It has already been stated by A4L that OM1 threatened A4L in his PM's so it isn't as pink & fluffy as you would like to make out.
Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall............... Mr Mallozzi.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

TX
Robbie_Rocket_Pants wrote
They were INDEED swept under the carpet!  The fact that this shit went on VERY publically is EXACTLY the way it shoudl have gone down because deals going on behind closed doors is not what our forum should be about.  It has already been stated by A4L that OM1 threatened A4L in his PM's so it isn't as pink & fluffy as you would like to make out.
I just want to make it clear, that I don't think it was "pink & fluffy". That was obvious not the case. That was the problem.

I was also only speaking about Rac's banning and unbanning in my last comment and not what has happened later (that is less clear). I don't have to read their PMs and emails to know, that there was a lot of bad blood between pig/A4L and Overmind. Personally I don't need anymore details about Rac's banning and unbanning. I feel quite informed about this part of the past. If you feel different about this, that is ok. Personally I just like to look forward. We will soon have a shiny new forum and I look forward to discuss scifi shows in it.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

maunu
I agree that things need to be addressed and not swept under the carpet and then we can learn from what went wrong.

I didn't like the direction SGUsucks was taking long before it all blew up with the Rac/Yoshi incident.  Harrassement and bullying were encouraged.  Certain rules only applied to some and not to others.  Hypocricy was rife, with constant complaining about what went on at GW but yet planning the same stunts behind closed doors.  Some were untouchable because they were Overminds buddies and were allowed free reign to harrass and bully anyone merely if they held a different opinion.

Free speech was fine if you followed the party line and Trolls were just used to satisfy some posters agendas.  There was a condensending attitude and a notion that some on SGU were superior to others.
All opinions were meant to be welcome on SGU but that wasn't the case if those opinions were not the same as Overminds and some others, thus the Rac incident and Overmind once again taking drastic actions because he didn't like anyone questioning his authority.

So it's probably for the best that things turned out the way they did. We now have an opportunity to move forward in a more positive and objective manner, but hopefully all posters will be treated as equals, even the SGU squeedrones.  If some come just to cause trouble, then I'm sure the moderators will spot them pretty quickly and deal with them accordingly.

Couldn't agree more.  To the future!
Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall............... Mr Mallozzi.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Willl
Robbie_Rocket_Pants wrote
Couldn't agree more.  To the future!
Hear hear. Cheers! *clink, glug*

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

SGU_Sucks_Webmaster wrote
@A4L: his OM1 account was banned as of earlier this afternoon. I unbanned it, during the whole domain takeover ordeal.
@Webmaster

I spoke to pig about it less than 5 minutes after I posted here, and he told me that be banned Overmind for being abusive.  So, I figured that you unbanned him when you heard that he was banned.

However, I tend to trust Pig's judgement as 95% of the time, it's right on.  That's why I posted why someone might be banned just in case Pig did ban Overmind.  I know for a fact that he's been abusive towards our staff when he was a member of the team, and it caused an Admin and a Mod to leave the site until they heard that he was gone.  Heck, I was even at my wit's end.  So, when Pig told me that he was being abusive, I believe him.  I don't even need to check the threads for it.

If you want to keep Overmind unbanned, then that's your call.  However, if I notice that he's being abusive in any of these threads over the last couple of days, then I'll ban him myself because member abuse and/or abuse of our staff can't be accepted.  I've got some free time right now, so I'll get a good bit of reading done.

Cheers my friend,

A4L

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

feel free to do as you see fit.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Mr. Anderson wrote
TX wrote
The thing with the Yoshi thread, piginpoo's banning of Rac, A4L and Overmind's reactions are something, which were not swept under the carpet. On the contrary that was unfortunately discussed repeatedly in public in the forum, which shouldn't have happened. The mods should have regulated that in private.

All four people directly involved (Rac, pig, A4L, Overmind) made their opinions about what happened more than clear. It gave a clear picture.

- Rac started the thread
- pig banned her (intended to be a 3 days ban) without proper warning (he admitted that he didn't warn her properly)
- Overmind came to Rac's defense and demanded from pig and A4L that her ban is AT ONCE retracted
- A4L didn't unban her at once, because he wanted to know first exactly what happened before making a decision
- after A4L got information from everyone involved he agreed, that Rac shouldn't have been banned
- Rac was unbanned

The problem was all this didn't happen peaceful. The comments in the public forum made it clear, that a lot of insults were thrown around between pig and Overmind and between A4L and Overmind. It was already quite bad in the public forum. I really wouldn't be surprised, if they used even stronger insulting language in PMs and emails between each other.

But this all is a thing of the past now. When the new forum is up, we really should stop discussing that and start fresh without that baggage.
I had decided I wasn't going to post anymore on this subject unless directly attacked, even if I saw things posted which I completely disagreed with or knew to be false (both of which unfortunately happen a lot from all sides as a matter of fact).
However, I have to make an exception here because PSW has made an excellent point (bolded) which bothered me a lot at the peak of the crisis and which has been hardly mentioned or even stressed enough by others in my opinion.

PS
While I'm at it: Will, as always a very good and sober analysis by you! Unfortunately you have gotten some things wrong (though you can't be criticized for it) because - like most of the people speculating here - you weren't privy to some of the facts happening behind the scenes. Just thought I'd mention it...

No, Mr. Anderson.  Will got it right.  And I have screen-shots to prove it.  Unless you have been wrongfully reading other people's PMs (who knows what kind of "access" Overmind has given you), then you don't know all of the "facts happening behind the scenes" so please don't try to represent yourself as though you do.  And even if you did wrongfully read everyone's PMs, you still wouldn't have access to all of the emails sent...

Still, Will and  PSW are right on with how things happened.  I kept saying that things needed to be handled privately and impartially (in PMs and even in the True Colors thread, but Overmind wouldn't have it.  So, he created a very chaotic and public mess.  For what reason, I don't know.  And at this point, it doesn't really matter to me what the "whys" are.  We are moving on without him, and he has his website and a butchered copy of our forum.  I still wish him the best, and you as well.  However, I think that the team that we have now is on the same page, so we won't be having issues like this in the future.

If anyone looks at and/or thinks about the "issues" that were handled publicly between the Admin team in the past, Overmind was always at the center of it.  Now that he's gone from the team, so is that.

Cheers,

A4L

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

SGU_Sucks_Webmaster wrote
feel free to do as you see fit.
Thanks, buddy!

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

US06154 wrote
@Will: Though overmind vehemently stated that I ratted him out, He was never able to produce the evidence, because there is none. It is like me saying that I have evidence of you, trying to take over Kuwait. If he produces something, then he has to produce it from vBulletin, and I will of course, within a matter of minutes can disprove that he fabricated the whole thing.. But what ever.. we've moved on.

The Forum looks good. But we are currently moving it to a faster host. It doesn't have any cosmetics (plastic surgery) done to it.. yet. But everything is fully legal. Everything is paid for, even the hosting for 1 full year in advance. We have each and every post up untill the collapse of our beloved forum. So here's a sneak peak of a screen cap of some threads you opened:

(Snipped for space)

Also here's a screencap of probably the last posts before the forum went down.. Poor joojoobee getting banned. You'll notice that the icon graphics are different, so obviously we couldn't have stolen it from somewhere else.. nudge, nudge, wink, wink..

(Snipped for space)

So we are slowly getting everything in place. There's unsung heroes working in the background. My heartfelt gratitude for volunteering your valuable time, and to the "Angel of deliverence" who immediately came forward to purchase the vBulletin Licence and pay for the hosting, and help with finding the proper resources.

Ditto.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Robbie_Rocket_Pants wrote
They were INDEED swept under the carpet!  The fact that this shit went on VERY publically is EXACTLY the way it shoudl have gone down because deals going on behind closed doors is not what our forum should be about.  It has already been stated by A4L that OM1 threatened A4L in his PM's so it isn't as pink & fluffy as you would like to make out.

No, it wasn't pink and fluffy at all, buddy.  I caught hellfire and brimstone for just doing my job (a job that Overmind didn't want since I'd offered it to him in other cases where he jumped into the middle of a forum issue, only making it worse).  I don't play favorites, so I checked into the situation with both parties before making a fair decision.  I was ridden relentlessly by Overmind for simply checking into things before unbanning Rac, which in my opinion wasn't right.

What should have happened, is that Overmind should have just forwarded his concerns to me and then I would have taken care of the situation as I did.  There would have been no public mess and everything would have been fine.  However, he decided that it wasn't going to work that way and resorted to threats and ultimatums (that he later apologized for via Email) immediatley when he contacted the Webmaster and myself about it.  That was way over the top.  Before we were even able to look at the issue, we were being threatened over it, and he can't say that's not the case because I still have the emails he sent.

After he made the issue so public, then it made sense to deal with it in a public fashion.  So, in that respect, I agree with you.  However, as many have pointed out, myself included, it didn't need to be that way, but that's not what Overmind wanted, so the public mess insued...

Cheers,

A4L

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

spacejunkminer
NOT AGAIN!!!!!!!

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

spacejunkminer
I just started a new job and have been working my ass off.  This is the second time this has happened.  I'm sorry it has been a few week, but this is ridiculous.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

spacejunkminer
Will periodically check up.  Sorry to hear that overmind wasn't the guy that we (and I) thought he was.  If anyone is planning on going to megacon in orlando post it on this thread.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

spacejunkminer wrote
Will periodically check up.  Sorry to hear that overmind wasn't the guy that we (and I) thought he was.  If anyone is planning on going to megacon in orlando post it on this thread.
Overmind made a complete copy of the SGUsucks forum, so everyone, who was a member of the last SGUsucks forum and hasn't asked, that their account and comments are deleted, is now a member on Overmind's forum. You too spacejunkminer.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Anderson
Atlantis4Life wrote
[...]

If anyone looks at and/or thinks about the "issues" that weve handled publicly between the Admin team in the past, Overmind was always at the center of it.  Now that he's gone from the team, so is that.
No, A4L, you got it wrong, again.

First of all, if you knew anything at all about my character, you'd know that even IF Overmind did show me information or message exchanges that were intended to be private, I would refuse to look at them. I know that might sound foreign to you, but those are my standards of integrity. Let it be known that Overmind never shared any confidential information with me or anyone else that I know of, including the so-called nasty mails from Pigin, US0, yourself and whomever. I have no idea what's in them and that's the way it should be. Shame on you for implying otherwise!

As for Will's analysis, you once again jumped on me without even knowing what I was talking about. Instead of asking me or PMing me in private (as it should be done btw), you made assumptions and fired away, like you did back then when you called me an "SGA hater". So I will explain what I meant: Will assumed (like yourself) that the whole division of this forum was about Overmind. But not all of it was. Will couldn't have known that many members of this site were fed up with and exchanged messages about a lot of things, including the tone of the posts at SGU°S, the existence of two classes of members, the absence of leadership above the "junior mods", the sluggish pace at which the changes were going (new site, anyone?) and, very prominently, the arrogant and condescending way the admin - Atlantis4Life - treated the forum members and his team. PSW was absolutely right when she said that the initial crisis should have been dealt with in private, as should others! You agree with her and yet are the one not doing it. I cannot count the times I was shocked at reading how you scolded moderators and OM1 in public. You are obviously not qualified, don't have the time or even the will for the job. I was disappointed when Skyler let you in charge, I would much have preferred someone more balanced like Piginpoo, but that's my opinion and it is his site. So I wish the best regardless.

Back to Will: anyone who ever took the time to read this forum or even stops by GateFans would know that I have a lot of admiration for his posts and sober analysis even back to the time wlen he was debating Hinman. But by focusing on Overmind and the two sites, he painted a black and white picture of people either believing OM is a saint and being rewarded for it, or doubting his best intentions and choosing this site. But there is a lot of gray in between that false dichotomy! OM isn't perfect and I have criticized him often enough, but he isn't the devil you have been painting him either. I joined his team because he is an excellent and dedicated admin, loyal, and treated a lot of people with respect.
That was the flaw in Will's analysis, but I don't fault him for not knowing all the facts.

So, even when I agree with what PSW said (and in fact with you), you make a point of not acknowledging it and remain in defense mode, presumably because all you see is people either with you or against you and therefore inevitably attacking yourself and SGU°S - the facts, evidence and arguments notwithstanding.

That's all I had to say to address your absurd accusations and phony high moral ground. Go ahead and ban me if you want, or do your thing and deny and talk me to death until you have the last word. Or do both so I can't defend myself. It's sad to see what SGU°S is becoming...

PS: BTW, shame on you again for removing Tropicana and Stclare as moderators without even warning them or sending an explanation even though they worked hard on this site through the whole time and remained out of the fight, loyal and courteous and helpful up until today. They're of course both too classy to complain or question you in public, but I just wanted to make sure people on the fence and the rest of your "new team" knew.

[...]

Oh, wow.  You are working really hard to try to paint a certain picture that is just not true.  For what reason, I don't know...  I never said that you read anything, I said I didn't know what kind of access you had.  I can't speak to your "character" and would never try to.

I don't know where to begin, so I'll make this short to address what you brought up.

Re: Division  Neither Will, nor I, assumed that the "whole division" was about Overmind.  We were talking about Overmind's actions, and why those actions were or weren't necessary.  That was the issue at hand, and that's what got addressed.  Again, Will was right.  Pig and I, as well as others, were working against 2 classes of members (Which was created by and promoted by Overmind, but that's beside the point - He created things such as the Officer's Lounge), and it seemed at though *some* others disagreed.  Luckily, the few who were like that seemed to have left for the most part...

Re: My work as an Admin.   The response to "issues above junior mod" is within a day, and I, plus the rest of "the team" think this is reasonable.   Most of the time that I deal with issues that are forum related, it is done in a private way.  When I had a disagreement with you on a thread, that was just 2 members posting.  I do remember telling you that you seemed "hostile" at a time when we were discussing SGA in a thread, just as you do now...  However, whether or not you "hate" a show is up to you.  As for others, there is only one person that complained because I addressed what he did in a thread, and that was MetalFoldingChair.  I not only addressed how he treated others, but how others treated him, and I asked both sides to calm down and try not to cause conflict since the thread had basically been derailed by their conflict.  Those posts were moved out of public view, so again, I don't know where your accusations are coming from.  Every other time I've dealt with conflicts or troubling issues within the forum, I've been thanked for being level about it, and fair.

Re: Treament of the team  I think it's very interesting that you're attempting to say that I treat our the team badly.  Apparently, you've got me confused with Overmind.  Two of our team members actually left the site because of him, not me.  When he said he was leaving, I contacted them via email, and asked them to come back, and that's when they did.  If I were the "bad guy" then this would have happened the other way around, but it didn't.

Re: Stclare and Tropicana Little do you know, I emailed them both a day before your post here letting them know that they were still welcome as a part of the general team if they liked.  I told both of them via email and PM (And I have proof if you need it), that since they are on the staff at another forum that this could affect the positions they have here once the Admin team decided on what was going to happen with the forum/site.  I did not make the decision as to whether or not Stclare would still be a mod or not, and Tropicana was never a mod, so I don't know what you're talking about there.  I believe another member of our team explained to Stclare in detail why being a mod at both sites is a "conflict of interest" while we were still working on who would play what roles when the main forum was back up.  So, if she or Tropicana feel blindsided by the fact that they've been offered positions, just not moderator positions, then I'm not sure how that could be.

Re: "Scolding"  Name one time I've "scolded" a moderator in public.  It's never happened.   I don't do that to my team members.  The Rac80 incident is a good example.  Pig (Mod Admin) made a mistake, and I wanted to deal with it privately, but would Overmind have that - NO!  Even still, I never threw Pig under a bus, and I never would.  As for Overmind, well, he's the type that forces your hand, and even then, I've been as kind as possible.  If you want examples, then I can give them to you.

That's all I have time to write for now.  If anyone has any questions, please post here.

Cheers.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

STCLARE
Im sorry A4L but I have not recieved your email. Ive checked my spam and trash folder (incase my husband binned it) and ive got nothing. I dont know about Troppy because we dont talk about private things from here. Ive just logged in and checked my PM aswell and nothing there either? your welcome to check that if you want.

Infact i didint want this discussed in the open at all. I pm'd Skyler yesteday regarding my place on sgusucks.

Thats all im going to say on the matter.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

tscchope
How would you as a gatefans moderator react to mods from other sites going into your site and telling your members how to behave? You'd come down on them.

You asked me why I thought you wouldn't be posting anymore. You said so. You wrote that you weren't going to waste your time posting anymore. You sought to ridicule my idea that you were posting here at overmind one's insistence, but you didn't actually refute it.

Let's look at the timeline.
RAC80 posts that no-one was called a traitor despite positing in that thread that she didn't believe anyone should be so labelled. When that fact was pointed out and link to that thread over at gatefans posted, that thread was moved from the public area to the private and RAC80 stopped positng. Then tropicana and stclare started posting, without saying they were mods over at gatefans. When I pointed that fact out, they both stopped posting. Then you came along, Mr Anderson.
You were touting for business for your site, posing as an ordinary member. You said that there's only petty bickering, that it was sad to see what a part of sgusucks had become - implying that gatefans is a part of sgusuck, which is most certainly, not - that there are only a few genuine people here and that gatefans is a thriving site. You didn't say that you were a mod over at gatefans.
Now, it appears that you want to be banned, so that you won't have to continue posting. Well, I wouldn't give you that out.

Let's talk about overmind one, for a moment. When he posted, he wrote, even boasted, that everything he posted was backed by evidence. Yet when he created gatefans using the sgusucks content and membership list, he provided no evidence. He didn't even provide an explanation.

I am delighted to see sgusucks forum has returned.  I am sorry that stclare was removed as a moderator.  I would have preferred stclare to decide that she couldn't be a mod on two sites herself, rather than have the choice made for her. But that's just my opinion.

On 10 March 2011 09:57, STCLARE [via SGU SUCKS] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Im sorry A4L but I have not recieved your email. Ive checked my spam and trash folder (incase my husband binned it) and ive got nothing. I dont know about Troppy because we dont talk about private things from here.

Infact i didint want this discussed in the open at all. I pm'd Skyler yesteday regarding my place on sgusucks.

Thats all im going to say on the matter.

http://sgu-sucks.3839896.n2.nabble.com/What-about-those-30-000-posts-tp6055722p6157097.html
To unsubscribe from What about those 30,000 posts, click here.

1 ... 1011121314