What about those 30,000 posts

1234567 ... 14

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Canceltheturkey
It's easy to get rid of them. Just keep letting them giggle and waste their time. One thing I do find really funny is how they all claim they have taken the high road out. Seems to me they go about proving the exact opposite every day since the domain went live.  Appropriate smiley.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

STCLARE
Well CRStar is a troll from sgussucks back in december 2010. i did a search on the troll turds thread and yes we had quite the run in with her as did you and about everyone else on sgusucks. so no it wasnt a poster from the othersite.

If you go to the troll turds thread from 28/12/2010 its all there.

Why they have chosen now, i dont know.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

j.Vinsett
Merely offered as a suggestion. The content owners don't seem intrested in pursuing it and pretty much think it is unimportant which is fine.  It is always wise to ask advice from a lawyer regarding copyright and contracts.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Overmind Two
Banned User
I dont understand why this is happening. Only the people here seem to be making trouble. The people over at GF seem to be discussing Stargate and not this place or SGUS. They seem to be on the defensive, not the offensive. Its becoming clear who the good guys are and who the bad guys are. Here, people are calling OM1 a theif and advocating copyright infringement claims and stuff, but over there they are discussing Stargate. For me, the choice is easy. GF here I come.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Willl
J. Vinsett wrote
 It is always wise to ask advice from a lawyer regarding copyright and contracts.
Not always. I know plenty of people who would have been far better off if they had never entered into legal proceedings but did so on the advice of lawyers. Unless there is very good reason to take legal action over something then the only people who tend to really benefit are the lawyers themselves.

What irks me is that a new user appears out of the blue and suggests something and suddenly everyone seems to think that SGUS contributors are planning an "attack" on gatefans. I am getting that same feeling that I had with the whole Hinman debacle. It's ridiculous.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

STCLARE
did you have to mention Hinman Will  he gives me heartburn.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Willl
STCLARE wrote
did you have to mention Hinman Will  he gives me heartburn.
Sorry you are right, I shouldn't have sworn :P

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

The only people on here that are making trouble are the new members that are singing the praises of the gf site and attempting to smear this place and its members. Too much of a coincidence. If the gf site is so desperate to be top dog then I pity it for stooping to such pathetic tactics to make itself look like the innocent party in all this.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

j.Vinsett
It has nothing to do with SGUS since they likely will also suffer since the alleged webmaster supposedly ok'd content duplication.  He/she had no authority to do such an act.  I've read this site for 1 1/2 years  and there was nothing in the terms of the site stating that one must register.  I enjoyed reading your posts since you said what I thought about the new show so, there was no point to repeating the same lines.

Again the posters don't seem interested which is fine.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Lilith
Isn't this whole disagreement if it even is a disagreement between om1 and the webmaster.  Shouldn't what ever they decide be the end of it.  I don't mind if my post are on one side or the other since I don't think I contributed a whole lot to any conversation.  Can't we just stop with the threats and name calling and just call it a day.  If it must be revisited then do it with cooler heads and more factual information instead of speculation.  Just my 2 cents

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Overmind Two
Looks to me like the people here are smearing themselves pretty well without anyone from GF joining in. All the recent posts are full of bile and hate towards those who used to be considered friends I think. But the conflict is only like that on this side of the fence. Over there at GF, things are calm and not focused on here or SGUS. You cant blame anyone from there for whats being said here. You are part of the problem from what I can see. You, the guy called Jim the guy with the red avatar and that other guy with the robot avatar are instigating the conflict the most. I have no agenda here, Im just watching it happen and it doesnt look good.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Sabella
This post was updated on .
Watcher wrote
Looks to me like the people here are smearing themselves pretty well without anyone from GF joining in. All the recent posts are full of bile and hate towards those who used to be considered friends I think. But the conflict is only like that on this side of the fence. Over there at GF, things are calm and not focused on here or SGUS. You cant blame anyone from there for whats being said here. You are part of the problem from what I can see. You, the guy called Jim the guy with the red avatar and that other guy with the robot avatar are instigating the conflict the most. I have no agenda here, Im just watching it happen and it doesnt look good.
With regard to the bolded portion above, you must have missed this thread from (iirc) yesterday.

http://sgu-sucks.3839896.n2.nabble.com/US06154-is-the-reason-SGUS-Forums-are-now-offline-td6056848.html

Just me, but I'm still waiting for independent proof.

So far, nothing.  With no proof, OM1's accusations are empty and baseless.

EDIT:  At least we don't have a black list over here..    Will this list grow to rival Rac's (in)famous SqueeDrone List???  Tune in tomorrow, folks!

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Watcher wrote
Looks to me like the people here are smearing themselves pretty well without anyone from GF joining in. All the recent posts are full of bile and hate towards those who used to be considered friends I think. But the conflict is only like that on this side of the fence. Over there at GF, things are calm and not focused on here or SGUS. You cant blame anyone from there for whats being said here. You are part of the problem from what I can see. You, the guy called Jim the guy with the red avatar and that other guy with the robot avatar are instigating the conflict the most. I have no agenda here, Im just watching it happen and it doesnt look good.
Watcher, Look mate, let us smear ourselves with whatever we want. Not your concern. It's funny that you Mention GF (is that your Girl Friend?) every opportunity you can. You don't have to come here, you know? Do you normally announce to everyone around, that you are going to take a shit? No? Then goto GF and take a shit. But do that quietly, since we don't need advance notice. Now be a good little troll and fuck off will ya? I hear Overlord is standing over there with his cock out, for anyone who wants to go over there for a quick lick. Let him also know, that his forum would be empty as a discarded refrigerator box, if he didn't have our threads and posts to line it with.
JR

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

JR
Sabella wrote
You must have missed this thread from (iirc) yesterday.

http://sgu-sucks.3839896.n2.nabble.com/US06154-is-the-reason-SGUS-Forums-are-now-offline-td6056848.html

Just my opinion -- and I know that doesn't count for much -- but I'm still waiting for independent proof.

So far, nothing.
No, Sabella,
I doubt he missed it.
WATCHER = OVERMIND1

I figured he would be far too busy with GF to bother with us little people over here.   You know, it's probably hard work putting together a little fiefdom on the fly..
JR

Yes,
and keep in mind the new set of forum rules over there! He must be quite busy editing posts and banning users to get everything conform with the GayFan TOS.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Jim of WVa
Watcher aka Overmind One aka Retarded Liberal aka Everyone Is A Racist,

The universe is asking you to do one thing:

1. Load the gun
2. Put the barrel in your mouth.
3. Push the trigger.

While a DMCA lawsuit may not be the best course of action, the fact remains that you stole those messages without permission to make your website look more popular than it really is.  Gatefans is dying the same death as Gayteworld and for similar reasons.  Make kissing your ass a condition for posting will eventually lead to a boring anti-forum that people will avoid much as they avoid Michael "I-want-your-junk" Hinman's websites.

Watcher wrote

You are wicked..   I think I'm in love...

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

JR wrote
No, Sabella,
I doubt he missed it.
WATCHER = OVERMIND1
Thought someone would notice that.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

J. Vinsett
Let them have the old. Make a new better site. The posts contained were mostly sgu sucks type material in discussion. That show is at an end and for the most part those posts are no longer needed, the show is gone, the producers, writers. and actors have moved on.  So my question for this site is "What's next?" What would the visitors of this site like to see it evolve into? We can't rant SGU sucks forever until few remember the show. Many of the people that made the posts are still here. They can do it again. I wouldn't even drag the old database from the can. (opinion of course)

1234567 ... 14