What about those 30,000 posts

12345678 ... 14
JR

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

JR

J. Vinsett wrote
Let them have the old. Make a new better site. The posts contained were mostly sgu sucks type material in discussion. That show is at an end and for the most part those posts are no longer needed, the show is gone, the producers, writers. and actors have moved on.  So my question for this site is "What's next?" What would the visitors of this site like to see it evolve into? We can't rant SGU sucks forever until few remember the show. Many of the people that made the posts are still here. They can do it again. I wouldn't even drag the old database from the can. (opinion of course)
I could think of many directions for a new forum. For example, it could become a general forum for tv shows and movies (much like tv.com), covering anything tv related. This also would widen the audience.

Another option could be to have a forum devoted to Sci-Fy and Fantasy where people can discuss not only movies and tv shows but also books and games.

I, for one, watch a lot of Sci-Fi but I also still play old Nintendo games and enjoy Glee as well as CSI and (just for entertainment) Ancient Aliens.
JR

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

JR
Canceltheturkey wrote
JR wrote
No, Sabella,
I doubt he missed it.
WATCHER = OVERMIND1
Thought someone would notice that.
It wasn't hard if you look at the writing style and the way of arguing.
JR

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

JR
Sabella wrote
You are wicked..   I think I'm in love...
Yes, finally! Not feeling lonely anymore ... !

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Sabella

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

JohnSheppard

Only one thing.I've never posted here before.
what I was afraid of it happened.Sgusucks forum is down.Really sad.Nobody thought abt all members that have found site to discuss freely about sgu.
Now what does it remain?nothing.
Some GW posters or owners can laugh by now.
I read many angry posts over "our" previous forum but no more discussion abt sgu.I found it again here.
Do we have any hope to see coming back "our forum".
I signed up here and I've no intention to go to the other forum.Not interested in and as I've no intention,for the moment, to sign up over there I'm not pleased to understand my posts written on sgusucks will appear over the other forum without my agreementMy some ppl must act as adult not like child.
Sgusucks became great and interesting getting recognition among SG fans.Some come here cos their GW disappointement.And now look at what this looked like the others=GW.
Early March Sgu come back on TV I wonder where I could post abt the 10 last eps by now.I feel like an Orphan.
Hope you will find a solution.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Lilith
Don't feel orphan, your home and the forum will be back up just be patient.  The old post should be kept for posterity because some were really good.  The only way to know where we are is to remember where we have been.  This forum will grow.  We are heading in the direction that was planned.  It's just that we have hit a bump in the road.  The journey is still on so don't lose hope with this pandora's box that has been opened.

I Miss Fri Night SCIFI
Cider?!  If JohnSheppard and I are hanging out with you in the woods with bears and howling trolls and stuff, you better break out the WHISKEY!

I Miss Fri Night SCIFI
Now it feels more like a home away from home.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Sabella wrote
I Miss Fri Night SCIFI wrote
Cider?!  If JohnSheppard and I are hanging out with you in the woods with bears and howling trolls and stuff, you better break out the WHISKEY!
I did manage to pack away two bottles of single malt Scotch, and a very large bottle of tequila..     Will that do?    We might not have a microwave here at the cabin, but I managed to bring up a blender!
Not Enough, you need to get a good whacking stick. Those are needed to fend off trolls and Certain people with the unfortunate malady of "Complexus Overlordus". this is a quite virulant affliction which causes people to have a hissy fit and to storm off with a superiority complex. people should drink plenty of Fluids, liberally spiked with alcohol, and bullshit blocking ear plugs. we may yet survive this unfortunate down time.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Sabella

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Cognac on standby

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Canceltheturkey
piginpoo wrote
Cognac on standby
I thought the specialty was J├Ągermeister.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Nah, lager is a womans drink

RE: What about those 30,000 posts

Lilith

Must be really stout woman’s drink.  I find that it alters ones personality.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Problem fixed Pig. Don't mention that bit about lager to Robbie.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

j.Vinsett
I'm with the pig.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Just tried to send an e-mail to the gayfans site to get all my posts deleted and the mail got bounced back. Seems that it is not even possible to send a simple request to them now to get your posts deleted even though they claim that all you have to do to have them removed is send an e-mail. Guess they do not want to lose thousands of posts.

Re: What about those 30,000 posts

Tropicana
piginpoo wrote
Just tried to send an e-mail to the gayfans site to get all my posts deleted and the mail got bounced back. Seems that it is not even possible to send a simple request to them now to get your posts deleted even though they claim that all you have to do to have them removed is send an e-mail. Guess they do not want to lose thousands of posts.
Hi Piginpoo, how's things?

I have been told that all of your posts over there, has now been deleted as per your request.

Thanks.

EDIT:  Further update -

Been informed that all posts from Jim of WVa, Atlantis4Life and Sabella has also been deleted as well, as per their earlier request.  Thanks.
12345678 ... 14