What have you discovered since SGU began sucking?

Re: What have you discovered since SGU began sucking?

SexyDexy
I enjoy Legend of the Seeker too - although at times it is true that the writing can be weak. But, the show makes up for its weaknesses with the copious eye candy and the sword fights

I also enjoy White Collar and Burn Notice. As for Sci Fi, I'm watching Caprica, and enjoying it much more than I thought I would. I haven't made up my mind on the new V - it has promise, but I felt the last few episodes were trying to do to much, and were kind of jumbled/confusing with all the characters. I will watch the new episodes and see if they get better. I like Fringe, and Sanctuary is fun. Flashforward started out really good but it lost me after a few episodes. I loved seasons one and two of Chuck, but season three is going steadily downhill for me  I watch a lot of TV, so I could go on and on, but I'll leave it at that for now :)

Oh, I've also started watching Babylon 5, inspired by the discussions here, and I really like it. I was temporarily stalled in watching it since I could only find up through half of season 3 for free online - but today I checked theWB again, and instead of just season one, it is streaming all five seasons at the same time right now! Yay!

Re: What have you discovered since SGU began sucking?

Rac80
I am rediscovering my collection of old MGM musicals ("it's better than even money he's only doing it for some doll"...Guys and Dolls yeah I know I can't sing  ) and other classic movies ("you know how to whistle Steve?  put your lips together and blow"...Lauren Bacall to Bogey.....)-- now that was entertainment!

Re: What have you discovered since SGU began sucking?

spacejunkminer
Yea I'm pretty sure i was hesitant about the show because it had only been a few days after I had bought and watched the entire first season.  I also own half the books from the series and have to admit I absolutely love the books and that inevitably skews my opinion toward the show.  In a way it is the way that I like SGU.  I like it because I want it to bee like Atlantis and SG1 but I realized after the third episode that it is not.

But LOS is so far a pretty solid show and I wish nothing but the best.  Yes the eye candy is there for all to see and drool over but the pilot was really good and the end of the season wasn't half bad either.  On the whole I think i give it an 8 out of ten but I will have to see where they decide to take the series before I become a regular viewer.

I cannot make the same concessions for SGU because the writers have massive experience with this franchise and their "art," "creativity," or just plain poor writing is screwing with the show.
1234