What really POs me

Canceltheturkey
Well aside from everything SGU, I can't come to terms with how all the brass come off looking like such friggin genius' on the SG/SGA DVD supplementals and then turn out this SGU baloney.

Everything was in place to create a truly great extension of the SG franchise and they came up with this? Nothing wrong with the main actors, it's absolutely EVERYTHING else that makes up the program that reek, from the hack photography on down. Someone was even mentioning, "Where's the theme song?"

Is there really recaps at the start, just like Lost in Space? LOL They must be really catering to the bottomfeeders. You see, I gave up on EP5 and washed my hands of the whole sordid affair and bailed about the time most others did. Yeah, I gave them the breaks just like a lot of other people. It just kept getting worse. The absolute dive was Earth of which I didn't make it too far thru before falling asleep. Or actually I changed it at 20 minutes saying, "This won't get any better".

While I could write a major essay on the thousand reasons that Melrose Space should have been cancelled at the pilot stage, I think it's fitting to repeat the often used claim that it is really just an extension of the parody in SG1 #200.

So that's my quick intro, there's only 4 more months to biatch about SGU until they dig up ten more fresh rotten corpses for screening in April.

This series can't be improved, it needs to be cancelled and have them start again with a fresh slate geared to thinking grown ups. Remember to keep writing all those involved to say you'll never buy the DVD sets. Loss of revenue is something they'll understand far better than bad reviews.

Re: What really POs me

Abydos1
SGU reminds me of that Seinfeld episode, or episodes, where Jerry and George are trying to pitch the "show about nothing" idea to network execs.

That's what SGU is, a show about nothing.  At least nothing you want to waste 45 minutes of your life watching anyway.

It's not too late to bring back Atlantis in my opinion.

Re: What really POs me

US06154
I think the writers are bi-polar or something. They crammed in 2-3 episodes worth of plot matter into the "Enemy at the Gate", But they drag out 1 episode's worth of "Character background" into 1 whole season?

Re: What really POs me

Atlantis4Life
Okay, you must have mind-reading abilities because that is exactly what I thought!  If they were going to cram as much into the EATG episode as they did, then they should have done a 2 hour finale and done it right.  With SGU, they just plain don't know how to write pure character-based episodes and they have little to no creativity left.
                                                      Bring Atlantis Back!!!