Which Sci-fi Show has SGU borrowed from the most?

Which Sci-fi Show has SGU borrowed from the most?

Atlantis4Life
The more I read online about SGU, the more I keep finding comparisons to just about every other sci-fi show known to man.  Let's see, there's:

1.  BSG
2.  Lost
3.  SGA
4.  SG1
5.  Lost in Space
6.  Star Trek Voyager
7.  Sliders
8.  DS9
9.  Babylon 5

Most of the comparisons haven't been in SGU's favor.  It's like Brad and co. thought if they just took something from each show and threw it all together they'd have a big hit.  That's like taking 9 random items from your refrigerator and throwing them in a pot.  Does that make a gourmet meal?

No.  It makes a disaster.  That's what SGU is, a big freaking disaster.

Re: Which Sci-fi Show has SGU borrowed from the most?

alien0-2

Re: Which Sci-fi Show has SGU borrowed from the most?

Atlantis4Life
I hadn't thought about that, Stargate: Disaster.  It fits! Cheers.

I think my favorite name for the show was when someone called it Battlestargate Universica.  Don't know why, but that one had me howling.

Smallville makes sense though, but even it does drama better than SGU.  Just about any soap does too.

Re: Which Sci-fi Show has SGU borrowed from the most?

alien0-2

Re: Which Sci-fi Show has SGU borrowed from the most?

Abydos1
I always think of it as;  Stargate Galactica.