You need an IQ below 90 to enjoy SGU

SGU SUCKS
SGU is just a bunch of lame plots from other money making shows put together with sticky tapes.

Story goes no where, characters not interesting, trying too hard to create tension, moronic plots.

You need an IQ below 90 to enjoy this piece of garbage.

I guess the writers got old and their creativity ran out and now they're just trying to cash in.

Yeah good luck on that. I won't be back for S2.

Re: You need an IQ below 90 to enjoy SGU

Atlantica
Now this is something I don't understand but this could be because I am from Australia.
There is only 10 episodes now in a season? or is it the mid season hiatus? SGU is just about to start here in Australia but I have been able to see a bit of it because of foxtel...........................It made me gag....then cry.

Re: You need an IQ below 90 to enjoy SGU

alien0-2
PGU

Re: You need an IQ below 90 to enjoy SGU

PGU
Your probably used to the original format of SG1 and Atlantis.  SGU is very different.  Anyone else notice that those who hate SGU are usually harcore SG-1/Atlantis fans?

Re: You need an IQ below 90 to enjoy SGU

GetMallozziFired
This author removed his/her Nabble account.

Re: You need an IQ below 90 to enjoy SGU

Will
Yes SG1/SGA were very different to SGU - it's like comparing say, a heavy metal song to a cheesy love ballad. So imagine a heavy metal fan who buys a brand new and eagerly awaited Metallica album, puts it on and hits play...only to find that all the new songs are cheesy love ballads. Welcome to what the writers of SGU have done to all their loyal Stargate fans.
PGU

Re: You need an IQ below 90 to enjoy SGU

PGU
"Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! This site wouldnt exist in the first place if the head honcho's did their jobs! And SGU would not exist if it werent for its predecessors! So if people poured tons of money and time to tune in into its predecessors because of how the people felt about the show, why would we NOT hate SGU and all its new boring changes???"

This site was created by a fan who made a subjective decision to do so based on the fact that he/she does not like SGU.  Yeah, of course SGU wouldn't exist without SG-1/Atlantis. SG-1 and Atlantis were great and SGU was created because of the large fanbase they had; also to continue the franchise.  I don't really understand your final sentence and as for "boring changes" I don't think the changes are boring.  I think the stories and character moments from certain episodes were boring.  For example 'Water', this was a boring episode along with 'Life'  where I was finding out things about certain characters I felt I shouln't have known because I have only known these characters for 9 episodes.

I can understand that...to be honest I think they made this jump from sci-fi/action to sci-fi/drama to quickly.  They should ease up on the relationships and focus on the (platonic) character interactions and drama within a more scifyish (spelling) way.  But what do I know?  I'm not a professional writer...

Re: You need an IQ below 90 to enjoy SGU

SGU SUCKS
PGU:

How about I don't like SGU just because I am not a moron.

Example:
People is stuck on a ship. They have the stone device, what do they do? Oh yeah use it to goto a bar instead of talking to the best scientists/engineers on earth and figure things out.

How low must your IQ be to let them shove this shit down your gaping maw?

It's not about SG1/SGA anymore, SGU sucks right down to the common sense level.

PGU

Re: You need an IQ below 90 to enjoy SGU

PGU
"PGU:

How about I don't like SGU just because I am not a moron."

I'll let that post speak for it's self.

"Example:
People is stuck on a ship. They have the stone device, what do they do? Oh yeah use it to goto a bar instead of talking to the best scientists/engineers on earth and figure things out."

Watch the episode 'Earth'.;)

"How low must your IQ be to let them shove this shit down your gaping maw?"

Stupid is as stupid does.

"It's not about SG1/SGA anymore, SGU sucks right down to the common sense level."

No, it isn't. Again, I think SGU ok so far.

Re: You need an IQ below 90 to enjoy SGU

alien0-2

Re: You need an IQ below 90 to enjoy SGU

Will
Yeah. While many of us here honestly find SGU boring as hell, obviously there are going to be some people out there who find this sort of show to their taste. But the reason we, and so, so many other Stargate fans are "up in arms" about SGU is that we feel it is a total betrayal and a harsh slap in the face to fans who have been loyal to the Stargate franchise for so many years.

Why is it a slap in the face? Because not only does SGU bear no resemblance to anything the name Stargate has come to represent, and not only did they cancel the shows we loved in order to produce it, but it seems to have been written in such a way as to be as utterly opposite to the previous stargate shows as possible. I mean, it feels like the producers went out of their way to create something they KNEW the existing fanbase would hate.

It doesn't take a genius to work out that if you take a show that was full of action, adventure, exploration, humour, aliens, heroes, villains with a focus on scifi, and replace it with a show that has zero action, zero adventure, zero exploration, zero humour, zero aliens, zero heroes, zero villains with a focus on drama, that the people who loved the original show are going to hate the new show. And I personally believe that to play this nasty trick on your loyal fans is wrong.

As a Stargate fan I have spent years of my life telling people how much I love Stargate and how exceptional a show it is, and I have introduced dozens of friends and family to SG1 and SGA who themselves became avid fans. ALL of these people hate SGU and a simple google search showed me very quickly that we weren't alone. Now if the owners of the franchise have decided they want to ruin it in this way then yes, that is their right. But as loyal fans who care deeply about the franchise we have invested so much of our lives in, it is OUR right - no, our DUTY - to make sure they understand quite how severely angered their fanbase is by this treatment, and how determined we are not to stand for it.

Re: You need an IQ below 90 to enjoy SGU

GetMallozziFired
This author removed his/her Nabble account.

Re: You need an IQ below 90 to enjoy SGU

SGU SUCKS
PGU:

"Watch the episode 'Earth'.;)  "

ROFL, that's your excuse? and the ";)" sign? What you actually think you're clever? LOL really? what a clown.
Let's compare the amount of time wasted on non mission critical "soap opera" that simply defy logic/military protocol/common sense and the amount of time they actually used the resource to do something useful.

Even that Earth episode is a sad excuse in which they got nothing worthwhile accomplished.

Watch the episode 'Life' and the ratings after that episode, that pretty much sums up how much IQ you  lost after watching it.

"No, it isn't. Again, I think SGU ok so far."

See, that's all you morons have, "No it's not", ROFL, ok, we can't change the fact some people like stupid shit, but we can laugh at them.

You people are like some moron noob watching porn and saying the stories are deep and meaningful.
What's even more funny is this idiot (likely an affiliate) who claims SGU is "ok" is trying to act like he's intelligent, but SGU is so pathetic he just can't come up with anything solid.

PGU

Re: You need an IQ below 90 to enjoy SGU

PGU
I'll stick with my opinion, thanks.  I think SGU is ok.  Scientists did try and come up with a to get the crew home in 'Earth'.  If you don't want to acknowledge that, fine.

In reply to your previous question about using the stones to go to a bar instead of letting scientists on board.  Everyone takes turns using the stones.  Imagine your billions of light years from home and cooped up on a massive ship againest your will that's millions of years old and it seems like there is no way home.  Now it's your turn to you the use the stones, are you going to sit around at homeworld security or try and visit family, friends and try and relax with the time you have at home.

"Let's compare the amount of time wasted on non mission critical "soap opera" that simply defy logic/military protocol/common sense and the amount of time they actually used the resource to do something useful."

Examples please, I can't take you seriously otherwise.

"Watch the episode 'Life' and the ratings after that episode, that pretty much sums up how much IQ you  lost after watching it."

Oww burn.  Saw it, found it boring.

"See, that's all you morons have, "No it's not", ROFL, ok, we can't change the fact some people like stupid shit, but we can laugh at them."

"It's not about SG1/SGA anymore, SGU sucks right down to the common sense level."

No, it isn't. Again, I think SGU ok so far. "

No, it isn't.  = It's not about SG1/SGA anymore.

...and your calling me a moron?

"What's even more funny is this idiot (likely an affiliate) who claims SGU is "ok" is trying to act like he's intelligent, but SGU is so pathetic he just can't come up with anything solid."

I'll give my opinion.  For some reason you see your own as fact.  That's funny.

Re: You need an IQ below 90 to enjoy SGU

alien0-2

Re: You need an IQ below 90 to enjoy SGU

SGU SUCKS
"Examples please, I can't take you seriously otherwise. "

ROFL, 99% of the show is pointless soap opera. It'd be easier to give example of the 1% that isn't completely moronic.

There's no "it's your turn to play with it", it just doesn't happen, it's not a water bottle. No government is going to allow any staff member to use mission critical equipments (stones) for personal use. End of story.

And the arguing, human just aren't that stupid and argue that much, not in Hollywood, not in real life, most of the main characters are worse than chicks with PMS. 2 episodes in and it became obvious that a bunch of monkeys would work better and scream less than this bunch of losers who are supposedly trained professionals.

If the characters act like morons (aka mentally challenged) every episodes and you like it and you think it makes sense, THEN YOU MUST ALSO BE A MORON.

Re: You need an IQ below 90 to enjoy SGU

alien0-2

Re: You need an IQ below 90 to enjoy SGU

This Site blows
You are all complete idiots with iq which is a quarter of your age.