jobbysandcornbread

WTF?

I know I said I would not delete posts, but I'll  tell ya that shit is disgusting and extremely tempting to delete. However unless the people here ask me to (overwhelmingly) I won't delete anything.

Re: jobbysandcornbread

I have banned "Jobbysandcornbread" and "Jew" There posts which have also been deleted were completely unrelated to stargate. I believe they were trolls attempting to trash our forum. I know that I said I would never delete a post, well these posts were disturbing images/links to such images. These were images that were more appropriate for the image board 4chan. If you have heard of 4chan you know the kind of stuff I am referring to. (2 girls, one cup, type stuff)

If you wish for me to reinstate there Posts, and there memberships just let me know, and I will. Even though I think it would be a bad idea.

Re: jobbysandcornbread

Thanks.

It looks like you read my email.  I think "anything goes" is fine, but there's a line, and the discretionary approach is the way to go.  And, this is nothing new from me; I've said it before.  You should ban anyone that was as outrageous as they were, and then if the community wants them to come back or to have their posts reinstated (which we won't), then, like you're offering now, you can reinstate them.

UPDATE:

I just thought about this, but you might be worried about people getting a chance to view the posts before they are removed, and therefore wouldn't know what they were missing to be able to ask for those posts/users to be reinstated.

Well, to save people from seeing what I saw, what you could do is delete the posts if they are that far out (and temporarily ban the user(s)), then post a message letting people know that, in the case of "jobbysandcornbread" and "jew" that these individuals were posting pictures of mutilated bodies from hate crimes, perverse sexual images (like the woman/life-like doll (?) that was beaten and bent over in the bathtub and very much so appeared to be sexually abused...), etc.  Then, if people want this on the site, then they can vote in a poll or post to say so.  If a majority of us don't communicate that we want that sort of thing here (and we won't), then the posts/users are permanently removed.

This way the problem gets nipped in the bud while we're trying to figure out what to do about it, and it won't scare new people away from this site.  I would hate for a first time visitor to have to have seen what I did this evening.  If I were a newbie and saw that, I'd never come back!

This is just my opinion.  Everyone else has a right to their say on this.  But, I think this makes the most sense.

P.S.  There's a reply from the jobbysandcornbread post in my "Posts" folder, and there isn't a delete option for it.  Can you get rid of it, because it has some of those graphic images in it.  I'll deal with it being there if you can't.  Thanks.

Re: jobbysandcornbread

Okay, just in case you want to go with my idea, here's something you could put in for the "never*" link that you have on the page leading to the forum:
_________________

never*

Although there are no rules for posting in the sgusucks forum, images and/or text that elicit and/or depict extreme hate are unacceptable.  This is primarily a forum about how and why SGU sucks, not a trash can for individuals wishing to dump extreme images and/or non-related and extreme speech into said forum.

Any images and/or text that the SGU_Sucks_Webmaster deems to fall into the "extreme" category shall be temporarily removed from the forum until a majority of the forum community states whether or not those images/text shall be reinstated or permanently removed from the forum.  During this time period, the user that is responsible for said text/images will have his/her account activity temporarily suspended until a decision is made.  The forum community may also decide to have the offending user permanently banned (this can and will include their IP address) from the forum based on how extreme the offending images/text were.

Examples of "extreme" behavior in the sgusucks forum include, but are not limited to:

- Graphic images of hate crimes such as rape, torture, and murder.
- Serious and disturbing threats.

_________________

It may not be perfect.  You can play with it to see what works if you decide to go with what I've suggested.  I just came up with it off of the top of my head - still thinking about those images - I'm a very visual person.  So, chuck it or use it.  It's up to you.  It's sad that I even had to think of writing this.  I guess we were bound to get some extreme-weirdos here at some point.

Re: jobbysandcornbread

Leo(T.C.K.)
I didn't notice these posts, but what you desribe is disgusting and yes I've seen such images already around in internet, but always turned away from them. I don't get why they are even posting it or even laughing at it. There's something horribly wrong with them.

Re: jobbysandcornbread

Re: jobbysandcornbread

stonelesscutter
I don't mind at all if you delete content or ban users/ip's for posting such content as you described. It clearly doesn't belong here, if anywhere.
It was probably someone like Tanith that wanted to disturb the forum and scare off newcomers because he was pissed off for not being able to defeat us with his 'well-reasoned' comments.
I haven't seen the pictures you are referring to by the way and don't feel like I've missed out.

Re: jobbysandcornbread

IMHO, I think it was correct to delete these posts, since it had nothing to do with the subject matter. Frankly, though I did not see the posts/images, i am not interested in seeing them either. I do the same on my forums, as Kobe Suggested, Ban IP addresses (if you can see them). But I run PHPBB 3, and that has a lot of flexibility, I don't know how much flex you've got in here. Trolls like Tanith and PGU are okay, we know their ilk. But we don't need sick fucktards. i am with you on your decission.

Re: jobbysandcornbread

Atlantis4Life wrote
P.S.  There's a reply from the jobbysandcornbread post in my "Posts" folder, and there isn't a delete option for it.  Can you get rid of it, because it has some of those graphic images in it.  I'll deal with it being there if you can't.  Thanks.

I'm working on it. As far as I can tell, I cant delete the posts. From what I can tell the posts they made are still here, just hidden from public view. I have asked Nabble if there is anyway to completely delete them, I am just waiting for a reply.

p.s. for some reason I keep typing maid instead of made. If I miss it I'm sorry, I can't figure out why I'm doing that so much lately. I already have horrible spelling skills now it looks as though my already poor grammar skills are getting worse.

Re: jobbysandcornbread

Atlantis4Life
SGU_Sucks_Webmaster wrote
I'm working on it. As far as I can tell, I cant delete the posts. From what I can tell the posts they made are still here, just hidden from public view. I have asked Nabble if there is anyway to completely delete them, I am just waiting for a reply.

p.s. for some reason I keep typing maid instead of made. If I miss it I'm sorry, I can't figure out why I'm doing that so much lately. I already have horrible spelling skills now it looks as though my already poor grammar skills are getting worse.
THANKS!  You do a great job with the website.  I appreciate your help on this.

And, no worries.  I forgot to put a question mark at the end of my question to you.  I just saw another typo in my post above.  None of us is writing a thesis here, so it's fine.  Forgive my typos and we'll call it square.

Re: jobbysandcornbread

Re: jobbysandcornbread

Re: jobbysandcornbread

Atlantis4Life
Thanks.  That makes me feel better.  I notice the typos when other people quote some of my stuff, too.  Not fun at all!  LOL.

Now, I'm off to watch LOST.

Re: jobbysandcornbread

Atlantis4Life wrote

P.S.  There's a reply from the jobbysandcornbread post in my "Posts" folder, and there isn't a delete option for it.  Can you get rid of it, because it has some of those graphic images in it.  I'll deal with it being there if you can't.  Thanks.
From Nabble:

Members can edit their posts to remove anything. They can also move their replies out of the thread by clicking on "More > Move post to...". This should be enough to get rid of such garbage posts.

--
I personally don't think that answers the question I asked. But that's what they said.

http://n2.nabble.com/Deleteing-Members-Posts-td4545273.html#a4545273

Re: jobbysandcornbread

Re: jobbysandcornbread

@Forum Master: here's a few suggestions to see if we can beat the system.

1. Change the email address of the offending poster
2. If Fail, Goto step 3, else step 4
3. Register offending account, and goto Step 1
4. Change Password
5. Login as offending user, delete posts
6. quit

Rinse and Repeat for any other fool who tries to mess with us.

Re: jobbysandcornbread

Re: jobbysandcornbread

stonelesscutter
SGU_Sucks_Webmaster wrote
p.s. for some reason I keep typing maid instead of made. If I miss it I'm sorry, I can't figure out why I'm doing that so much lately. I already have horrible spelling skills now it looks as though my already poor grammar skills are getting worse.
Don't worry, it's probably just a preoccupation your mind has involving maids in short skirts and tight blouses. ;)